cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number porting issue

gillz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi PM community! I tried to port my existing number from Rogers. It seemed to have worked as the number now shows under my plan. However, while I'm able to text/call with the number, I am not able to receive texts or calls that people make to my number.

I tried to submit a ticket, but I can't seem to be able to successfully submit it... Please help! Thank you in advance.

8 REPLIES 8

tonyottawa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wait for a SMS from (400)-xxx-xxxx after 30 minutes, which tell you "phone porting to Public Mobile successfuly". 

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@gillz wrote:

Hi PM community! I tried to port my existing number from Rogers. It seemed to have worked as the number now shows under my plan. However, while I'm able to text/call with the number, I am not able to receive texts or calls that people make to my number.

That number would show even it failed and this the way Public always does it. Account info for Rogers account probably had an error.

@gillz wrote:

Thanks! How long should I expect? It's been one full day for a wireless to wireless transfer. Also just realized I received a voice mail from PM today saying there's been an issue with the transfer, and asked me to contact the moderator on the website. Can you please advise how to do so? Thanks again!

@gillz  if that's the case then the info that you provided during your port request was incorrect or incomplete. You need to submit a ticket and supply the missing information.

@@psf (1).JPG

gillz

Thank you! will try this...

gillz

Thanks! How long should I expect? It's been one full day for a wireless to wireless transfer. Also just realized I received a voice mail from PM today saying there's been an issue with the transfer, and asked me to contact the moderator on the website. Can you please advise how to do so? Thanks again!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@gillz , number port from Rogers takes about 30 minutes.  Give it some time.  I suggest keeping the Rogers SIM card in the phone until it stops working.  That is a good proxy for the port completing. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@gillz  What you describe is normal. Once Rogers releases your number to PM then you will be able to receive calls and texts. In the meantime just continue to use your Rogers sim card until it stops working.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@gillzDisable any adblockers you might have and enable cookies and javascript.. those are needed to get SIMon working properly.

Need Help? Let's chat.