cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number porting issue

z_foote
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello all,

I am Going through a bizarre issue ... I just ported my number from Rogers to Public Mobile and I know it was successful because I have the number on my Public Mobile simcard but it is still active on my Rogers simcard as well. 

It is my understanding that when you port a number it should not be active on your old simcard. I don't want to be paying for two cellphone plans at once.

Is this an issue on Rogers or Public Mobile's side? I'm not sure who I need to contact. 

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @z_foote ,

It may seem like bizarro land, but sounds like the normal porting process. I think you are all good!

Welcome to PM!

🙂

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@z_foote porting is essentially done in 2 stages stage 1 you can make calls and send messages. Stage 2 you can receive calls and messages. A port from another cell provider can take up to 3 hours to complete. Do not close your Rogers account.  The port will close it once its completed.  If it has been more than 3 hours, your port is probably stuck.  Contact the moderators and ask them to fix it for you.  

There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM .

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@z_foote 

Your porting is still in progress.

You should be able to dial out and text out with your PM SIM, but not be able to receive anything.  Once the port is done, then Roger's account will be closed and your PM Sim card should be functioning normal.  This can take a few minutes to a few hours depending on original carrier.  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@z_foote  That's normal. Just continue to use your Rogers card until it stops working. Once that happens the port is complete and you can start using your Public Mobile sim card.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@z_foote it takes about 2-3 hours to port. when the port is complete your previous plan will automatically cancel

you should receive a text from pm verifying the port is completed

if you want peace of mind, call Rogers after you receive the text

Need Help? Let's chat.