cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number ported from koodo - all went well except phone does not work

fam_sticea
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So, here are the details of the issue.

I had 3 numbers under the same koodo account and decided to move all 3 to PM.

Got 3 SIMs with 3 new numbers. Activated them using 3 different emails and started to port each number from koodo.

2 of them worked just fine, so that confirms I did the right thing.

However, the number linked to this account is refusing to work.

After activating the SIM, i tried placing/receiving a call with the temporary PM number and it worked. I then ported the number from koodo, and it said that the number was ported succesfully and I got the "Sorry to see you go" email from koodo. Under my account in PM it lists the koodo number as my number. However in the phone's settings it lists the temporary PM number (which I cannot manually change becuase it's an Android).

The phone sais "Public Mobile" on the notification bar and the signal strength is good.

However, if I cannot place call from the phone, and if I call the number (the one I ported from Koodo) I get the 6uv1/6uv2/6uv3 error message - the number you have reached is not in service. Also, data does not work.

I tried restarting the phone, placed the SIM in another device but still nothing.

Any Idea what could be the problem?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

Kh69

Sometimes Koodo dosnt let you take that phone number. Try a different number. 

@fam_sticea wrote:

I writing to say that the problem seems to be fixed now.

I don't know if someone did something behind the scenes (i didn't hear anything from mod_team) or if it just took longer than usual for the number to change (~1 day and a half) but I can place/recieve calls now so the issue is fixed.

There is no doubt in my mind that the MODs sorted this out for you. If all goes well and they don't need any extra information you will not hear for them, things just start working. YAY

fam_sticea

I writing to say that the problem seems to be fixed now.

I don't know if someone did something behind the scenes (i didn't hear anything from mod_team) or if it just took longer than usual for the number to change (~1 day and a half) but I can place/recieve calls now so the issue is fixed.

@fam_sticea wrote:

Thank you @krazykiwi

The number that got stuck is actually the first I tried to port. - but I guess that is an unimportant detail.

I am sendig the mod_team the same message and including the extra personal info. Will post here once a solution is found.

Cool, thanks, hope it is sorted soon.

fam_sticea

Thank you @krazykiwi

The number that got stuck is actually the first I tried to port. - but I guess that is an unimportant detail.

I am sendig the mod_team the same message and including the extra personal info. Will post here once a solution is found.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@fam_sticea wrote:

So, here are the details of the issue.

I had 3 numbers under the same koodo account and decided to move all 3 to PM.

Got 3 SIMs with 3 new numbers. Activated them using 3 different emails and started to port each number from koodo.

2 of them worked just fine, so that confirms I did the right thing.

However, the number linked to this account is refusing to work.

After activating the SIM, i tried placing/receiving a call with the temporary PM number and it worked. I then ported the number from koodo, and it said that the number was ported succesfully and I got the "Sorry to see you go" email from koodo. Under my account in PM it lists the koodo number as my number. However in the phone's settings it lists the temporary PM number (which I cannot manually change becuase it's an Android).

The phone sais "Public Mobile" on the notification bar and the signal strength is good.

However, if I cannot place call from the phone, and if I call the number (the one I ported from Koodo) I get the 6uv1/6uv2/6uv3 error message - the number you have reached is not in service. Also, data does not work.

I tried restarting the phone, placed the SIM in another device but still nothing.

Any Idea what could be the problem?

Thank you

First of all, welcome and thanks for the detailed explanation.

It appears your last porting got stuck.

EDIT: This happens once in awhile, once it is sorted you will be happy. I hope you took advantage of the friend referral when you added the extra accounts.

To get help with your account, activation, or service? Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with your account.They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue; "https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder..."

Click here to send them a private message. 'https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  '

In your message please include: PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

Don't know your pin? Provide any 3 of the following: Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date amount.

How long until they reply? Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time]. Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received. Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.

There is no need to send multiple messages.Some good posts/reads: Search PM GUIDE to find some great posts and answers to many common questions.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Need Help? Let's chat.