cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number ported from Virgin Mobile 24h. Can call out, but no one can call me. Number "Not in service"

Wrocky
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported my number from Virgin Mobile prepaid to PM yesterday.  I received a message shortly afterward saying it went through. Now I can call out, but when someone trys to call me, they get the "The number you have reached is not in service ..."  

I sent a message to the moderators last night, but haven't had a reply back yet. I would have expected this to be a very common straight forward task to do.  How long do people usually have to wait for a reply?

4 REPLIES 4

@Wrocky wrote:

I ported my number from Virgin Mobile prepaid to PM yesterday.  I received a message shortly afterward saying it went through. Now I can call out, but when someone trys to call me, they get the "The number you have reached is not in service ..."  

I sent a message to the moderators last night, but haven't had a reply back yet. I would have expected this to be a very common straight forward task to do.  How long do people usually have to wait for a reply?

Since you received the text messages saying that the number porting was complete, I'll assume that Public Mobile may not have properly provisioned your phone number to your account and sim card.  The message about the number not being in service obviously shouldn't be happening.  Officially, moderator response is supposed to be within 48 hours, but lately, there may have been some slow downs because of system/network issues affecting some customers.

charsi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am in the same situation. Waiting for incoming calls to start working. The old provider says they haven't got a porting request yet.

Have messaged mods. But no reply yet. 36 hrs so far.

I don't mind PM not having a call centre but there should be enough support staff to at least get back to the customer in a few hours.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Wrocky wrote:

Response time can range from a few minutes to 48 hours...or more. Usually much less. They seem to be exceptionally busy the last few days, so please be patient. They will get to you soon as they can. Good luck and welcome to Public Mobile. Once your service is established, I'm sure you'll be glad you stayed.

Chanah
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If the mods are busy, it can take a couple of days. Hopefully they aren't too busy today! 

That's got to be frustrating.

Need Help? Let's chat.