cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Number ported, SIM activated, but unable to enter APN settings

@gfawley I'm stumped. Did you contact the moderators and ask them to to reset your SIM? As I suggested earlier? Please do. Thanks. Let us know how it turns out. Thanks.

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.

You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification in your email INBOX.
My settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Highlighted

@gfawley are some of your settings blank? Have you done a factory reset. Sometimes one is required for Samsung phones to work properly on PM. I had to do it with my old j1 2016. Back up your phone and try it.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@gfawley  Until you are able to connect to the PM network the APN settings will not make a difference.

You need to figure out why your phone is not registering more than likely it's blacklisted or you account hasn't been provisioned properly.

Highlighted

Can you post a screenshot of the Connections screen?

Where did you buy this phone from?

Which carrier were you with before PC mobile, and I'm guessing you had PC mobile prepaid, right?

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Screenshot_20200325-195918_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20200325-195733_Settings.jpg

Highlighted

I've contacted the moderator (or rather, they finally got back to me), and the SIM was reset. Didn't help so they have opened a ticket for a technical person to take a look at it. The ONLY thing I haven't tried is a factory reset on my phone, but am hoping they can figure things out on their end of things before I try this. As I previously stated, I am unable to try it in another phone as my previous phone no longer works (...and I live in a small rural community and my neighbors are presently under 14 day self-isolation).

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@gfawley wrote:

I've contacted the moderator (or rather, they finally got back to me), and the SIM was reset. Didn't help so they have opened a ticket for a technical person to take a look at it. The ONLY thing I haven't tried is a factory reset on my phone, but am hoping they can figure things out on their end of things before I try this. As I previously stated, I am unable to try it in another phone as my previous phone no longer works (...and I live in a small rural community and my neighbors are presently under 14 day self-isolation).

If you google the internet other people have had issues with the APN options missing on various models of phones.

Have a look at this post where the solution was to use an app called MyAPN

https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/203396/add-apn-button-option-missing

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Nice find JoyLuck. I interpret the problem as not seeing the Mobile networks choice under Connections.

So I googled around too and found an app that might work for the OP in that vein.

It's called Mobile Network Settings by some dude called diewland. Apparently he has a thing for wland.:)

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@gfawley  What version of Android is that phone running?

I just read this whole thread, and it makes ZERO sense that there's no "Network" settings within the phone's settings. I know different versions of Android have some things buried differently than other versions, but not being able to find something as basic as the network settings is ridiculous. 😯 

Highlighted

I've installed the app "Mobile Network Settings" - and it doesn't see the SIM card at all (even though I've reinserted the SIM card a few times)
And, yes, this whole thing doesn't make sense (I'm running Android version 9 fyi)

Tomorrow I may try doing a factory reset and see what happens.