cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Number ported, SIM activated, but unable to enter APN settings

@gfawley wrote:

Have tried doing a network reset, then rebooted. No difference.

.Can you confirm if the phone is unlocked now  ?

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can't try the SIM in another phone, as this is the only working phone I've got. Unable to 'borrow' a phone from anyone else due to self-isolating.

Highlighted

I've tried all gblackma's suggestions to no avail. I was previously with PC Mobile with an unlocked phone, so that is not the issue. I'll try talking with a moderator again (it would have been nice if the previous moderator I was in touch with actually continued our conversation, rather than opening another ticket).

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@gfawley 

Hopefully, moderator can help you out.  

You could try a factory reset of the phone.  

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Really strange that you do not have network settings on your phone. How many steps can you follow through in the link from @gblackma's first post? (this link)

At which step do you get stuck because your phone settings differ from those in the guide?

With the PM sim inserted, can you try calling these codes using your phone's dialer:

##72786#

Enter the 8 symbol/digits then hit "call". If you get a popup asking you to perform update, select yes. If nothing happens, do the same with this code below:

Let us know what happens, thanks.

Highlighted

Under "Connections" there is no "Mobile Networks", so couldn't go any further.

Tried both those codes, and both came back "Not Registered On Network"

I don't have another phone in which to try the SIM (and can't borrow one at the moment due to the whole self-isolating thing). The only thing I haven't tried is a factory reset (am loathe to do so unless it is absolutely necessary). 

I have a ticket open now for the technical support team.

Thanks for your suggestions anyways.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@gfawley  Your phone is locked or it's blacklisted.

Your phone might be locked to the previous provider. You must get the Network Unlock PUK code from your previous provider.
If your phone is a Samsung you might be able to get an unlock code from the Samsung website via a chat
To start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170.

Hope this helps!

Highlighted

I was with PC Mobile for the past two years with this phone - and had it unlocked before I went with them. So it should still be unlocked. And of course, it isn't blacklisted. Thanks anyways.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@gfawley  try manually selecting PM as your network and restart your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart it.

Highlighted

I'm unable to manually set PM as my network as I can't get to the network settings.