cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number not ported after nearly half a month

twill
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm aware of the backlog, however it's been roughly two weeks since I signed up and my number has still not been ported. My Freedom Mobile service is still working 100%, so it has not transferred at all. When I signed up I provided my MEID number off my iPhone. After reading the forums I realized that may have been a mistake and I should have provided my Freedom Mobile account number instead. I sent multiple support emails weeks ago with this information but have not heard back. Would appreciate if this gets resolved promptly. Thank you.

13 REPLIES 13

twill

Good News! It finally allowed me to submit and all is up and running!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you to everyone!!!!!!

twill

photo.png

All the details are correct... but it will not let me submit.

twill

Hi @Luddite

It now shows the form when I try to change my phone number rather than giving me an error requesting that I contact a mod. However after filling out the port request form to change my number I recieve the error posted below. Also I wonder if it may be because my number was in the same account as my brothers, which was part of the Better Together program at WInd Mobile. Regardless I have tried transferring the number with both my brother's and my name and still recieve the error below:

Your Old Service Provider rejected your transfer request. Common mistakes:

•   • Account Number doesn’t match Old Service Provider records
  •   • Equipment Serial Number doesn’t match Old Service Provider records
  •   • Security PIN doesn’t match Old Service Provider records
  •   • Alternate Contact Number format (should be 10-digits, no spaces, no dashes)
  •   • Did not check the “I am authorized…” checkbox

• Please review and correct your entries, and click “Submit”

@Shazia_K

twill

Hi @Shazia_K

I do not have a SIM card that ends is 80227. The SIM card ends in 80219.
I accidently forgot to type the last four digits of my SIM when I sent the personal message to you.
I have since sent a new message with the correct SIM card number.

Apologies for that.

rinranron

I've been having the same problem, been 2 weeks, sent two email and 3 private messages that still have not been read....what's going on?

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @twill

I'm really sorry about the long wait, 

I see that the port has completed the very same day, are you maybe confused between SIM cards, the one I have on file is different from the one you sent me. The SIM card that you must use should end by 80227. 

Please let me know. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

twill
I have tried to port my number over again this morning and I still receive the the message that you are having techhcnical difficulties and I should contact Public Mobile for assistance. What should I do now?

twill

Thanks Luddite. That was very helpful. It seemed to have partially worked. I was able to change my number to a new temporary number provided by Public Mobile, and the service seems to be working fine now. However it will still not let me port my old number in and still provides me with the same error message about contacting Public Mobile for assistance. I guess since I have already tried my number it won't let me try again?

In that case try to choose a new number rather than porting. If you get that working go back and try the port-in.

"Do nots” for port-ins

- do not request the port-in during activation; take a temporary number, log out, confirm all services are active, log back into your account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number

- do not use any identifier except your account number EXACTLY as shown on your bill; it is the best item for any port-in request

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be EXACTLY as it appears on your bill

- do not use your number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your number (courtesy imm1304)

- do not cancel your account; that will happen automatically

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

twill

I have tried that, and I just tried again on another device and recieved an error message again.

I think since I signed up with the number to be ported rather than a temporary number provided by Public Mobile, I recieve this message "We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance". So it does not allow me to reattempt porting.

imcphers
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Since your Freedom Mobile/Wind SIM is still working see if you can do the port request again. If so, when you do the port request tick the I am authorized box first, then only use your account # and name on the acccount.  Put in a home phone for the alternate contact.

Give it a try again on a new brower or different PC or clear all the cookies off you existing brower before trying again.

twill

Hey thanks, I just contacted her now. I will await a response.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@twill  have you send priovate messages to the moderators?  Thats the best way to get your issues resolved.  hopefuilly after 2 weeks they can jump on this for you.

@Shazia_K

Need Help? Let's chat.