cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number didn't port! Help!

heathersmart16
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi community! 

I ported my number over from Virgin Mobile (or so I thought) yesterday, but upon further inspection it seems that PM assigned me a combination of my old number and my alternate number? My Virgin SIM card no longer works, but I can log into my Virgin account and it shows that my old number is still associated with it. This new number they gave me allows me to call and text, but if you text or call my old number it doesn't recieve texts and goes directly to voicemail. Should I just try and port it again? I'm nervous about losing my number. I just handed out a bunch of resumes with my old number on it and I'm afraid I might miss a phone call for a job. Any assistance would be appreciated!  

(PS I have messaged the MOD team already but I understand they are busy so I'm asking here as well!) 

3 REPLIES 3

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@heathersmart16, a friend that was with Virgin Mobile also signed up on the 3GB bonus data deal.  He had issues with the account set up.  The moderator team was able to assist with fixing thing pretty fast.  Their response time is pretty short at the moment.  Let them take care of the port resubmissions as customer are not able to resubmit failed ports. 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@heathersmart16 wrote:

Hi community! 

I ported my number over from Virgin Mobile (or so I thought) yesterday, but upon further inspection it seems that PM assigned me a combination of my old number and my alternate number? My Virgin SIM card no longer works, but I can log into my Virgin account and it shows that my old number is still associated with it. This new number they gave me allows me to call and text, but if you text or call my old number it doesn't recieve texts and goes directly to voicemail. Should I just try and port it again? I'm nervous about losing my number. I just handed out a bunch of resumes with my old number on it and I'm afraid I might miss a phone call for a job. Any assistance would be appreciated!  

(PS I have messaged the MOD team already but I understand they are busy so I'm asking here as well!) 

Don't try anything by yourself...wait for the mod!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@heathersmart16 wrote:

Hi community! 

@heathersmart16  Don't worry about losing your number because apparently with Virgin you phone number is not released for ~180? days after you stop making payment. Just wait for the moderator to respond back.

Need Help? Let's chat.