cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number change

RyanFox
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone  I am wondering if there is any way to pick the last four digits of my phone number. I have been on PM for about a year already 

11 REPLIES 11

@RyanFox wrote:

Unfortunately I ported my number from a Saskatchewan number when I joined because I needed to keep the same number. Now it is a pain because everyone who calls me has to call long distance. I have a brain injury and memorizing things isn’t high on my brains priority list

More and more cell plans now include Canada wide calling as part of the plan...even landlines have Canada wide calling plans too.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RyanFox wrote:

It won’t allow me to pick the last four numbers, just pick from a list of numbers they provide

There is a work around.  You can port in a number from other provider at any time without the one per 30 days limitation.  I had ported in two number to the same account with 14 days in between.

Virgin, Lucky and Bell SIM card is 49 cents at Canadian Cell Supplies.  Temporary open an account any provider to get a number with the same last 4 digits of your current SK number.  Then, port it over to PM.

RyanFox

Unfortunately I ported my number from a Saskatchewan number when I joined because I needed to keep the same number. Now it is a pain because everyone who calls me has to call long distance. I have a brain injury and memorizing things isn’t high on my brains priority list

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RyanFox wrote:

It won’t allow me to pick the last four numbers, just pick from a list of numbers they provide

Correct. But you can keep refreshing that list until you might find a number you like. Even your choice of the last 4 digits might not have been available so that's not 100% either.

So pick a province, pick a preferred city, see a list. Then pick a city just above, then pick your preferred city and you'll get a new list.

@RyanFox wrote:

@RyanFox  See above. Cannot be done.

RyanFox

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@RyanFox wrote:

Hi everyone  I am wondering if there is any way to pick the last four digits of my phone number. I have been on PM for about a year already 

@RyanFox  The only time you are allowed to pick the last 4 numbers of your phone number is during activation.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

esjliv_0-1596590590569.png

@RyanFox , go to "Change Number" on your self serve account and see if there are any numbers you would like it changed to.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately not possible. Only possible during first sign up at activation to pick last 4 digits.

You can change number once per 30 days but not pick last 4 digits 

You can log into account and click change number. Orange arrow on picture below and keep refreshing the numbers they provide to see if you get lucky.

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

You could always try to ask a moderator but a highly doubt they'd be able to help.

Simon.JPG

Or private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@RyanFox wrote:

You can change your number every 30 days at PM in self service. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RyanFox wrote:

Yes, you can pick a new number every 30 days by using the Change Number link in the My Profile box on your overview page after login.

Need Help? Let's chat.