cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number can't transfer?

LondonDrugsLied
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Just switched to public mobile from Koodo - the nice lady at the counter told me that if I wanted to keep my old 604 number that I would have to come to the website and do some messaging.

How would I go about getting my old number back as soon as possible? Somewhat urgent. Please help. I've already gone onto my self-serve account (made one today) and used the "Switch Number" feature and entered my old number - said it wasn't eligible for some reason.

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

purplepaint
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was in the same boat as you - I also recently switched from Koodo to PM. The thing is, Koodo does not allow you to just switch it like that. You would need to call Koodo, upon which a staff will guide you through the entire process of terminating your services with Koodo. After that, you will be able to go with PM.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Firstly, don't cancel your old number and old account assoiciated with your old number, if your old number and old account with your other phone company is cancelled it might be too late.

Second, contact the Moderator team as soon as possible via private message - you can click this link to learn more about it:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

Hopefully they can help you port your old number over to Public.

@LondonDrugsLied   also you should be able to keep using your Koodo Sim until your hear back from the moderators and they port your number at which time that Sim will stop working and the public mobile Sim should be good to go!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you are transferring from a Koodo prepaid plan you will need to select a new number at activation, create a Community account, and then send a private message to our Moderator Team here to complete the transfer to Public Mobile.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@LondonDrugsLied wrote:

Hi,

Just switched to public mobile from Koodo - the nice lady at the counter told me that if I wanted to keep my old 604 number that I would have to come to the website and do some messaging.

How would I go about getting my old number back as soon as possible? Somewhat urgent. Please help.

Thank you!

@LondonDrugsLied  I'm assuming that you previous number was with Koodo prepaid correct? If yes, then you need to message the moderator team and provide them with your Koodo account number, name on the account and your Koodo phone number.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.