cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Transfer Won't Go Through

shahhani
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I just transferred over from Chatr. In the number transfer process, I gave my 4 digit PIN code as one of the three transfer options. I didn't know what my account number or ESN was so I chose PIN. I received a text message from Public Mobile that reads:

"Public Mobile here: To complete your request to move to Public Mobile, please go to Publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form. You''ll need to provide the correct Password or PIN from your service provider. Thanks."

The problem is, I did provide the correct PIN number. I am 100% sure. Also, there is no contact page or SIM form anywhere to be found.

The monthly payment has already been taken from my card and I am left with no incoming service. Please help.

8 REPLIES 8

Shapla001
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The account number is primary reference, you should get that one, for Chatr, you need to call the CS to get that

Monikacurrie

They will only give you the number if the account is still active and in good standing.... So if youve gone into the next billing cycle then Chatr will make you pay tour account up before allowing you to have your number

@shahhani wrote:

Thanks for all your help guys. I messaged the moderator and waited a day and it seems to have gone through. Don't know if it was automatic or somebody helped me.

Anyway, lesson learned. Never use PIN when transferring from chatr. You do have to call chatr to retrieve your account number.

Usually, it taking a few days means that the port failed.  I believed what likely happened was that the moderators made another transfer request for you and it worked, but that you weren't contacted about it to provide you with an update.

shahhani

Thanks for all your help guys. I messaged the moderator and waited a day and it seems to have gone through. Don't know if it was automatic or somebody helped me.

Anyway, lesson learned. Never use PIN when transferring from chatr. You do have to call chatr to retrieve your account number.

Gonzo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@shahhani If you do try to port again, you might try clearing your browser history, using private mode, or using a different browser altogether. From what I’ve seen on these forums, PM can be finicky that way.

Hope you get this resolved soon.

Kianakali

Do you still have service with your old company? If so, check your account number and pin  with the previous service and try the number transfer process with Public again.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@shahhani  your chatr sim will still  work until the port completes.  that being said we had a discussion in another thread and were wondering which sim a call is sent to when a telus family (telus/koodo/pm) tries calling a number with a stuck .port 

hopefully its not a lot to ask in this sircumsance, but do you know anyone with a telus/koodo/pm number that could try calling your number and see which account the call goes to (the chatr sim or the pm sim).  

hopefully your port gets resolved soon.

There is no contact us form.  You must send a private message to Moderator_Team to reach Public Mobile customer service.

I read about numerous times about Chat ports failing when providing just the PIN. 

Call Chatr customer service and ask for your Chatr account number.  That's the only way to get that.

After you've done that,  have the Public Mobile modderators attempt again using only the account number (skip the Chatr PIN and IMEI).

Need Help? Let's chat.