cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Transfer Only Half-Working

n3wphone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I recently got a Public Mobile SIM card, and when purchasing a plan & activating the card I requested that my old phone number be transfered over. In the days since, the new SIM card seems to be working through my old number (the transfer was successful), except in one instance: it does not receive incoming calls. Please help!

My old SIM card is from Petro Canada Mobility, and I still have it in my old phone. When I get an incoming call, it goes to that old phone (not my new one with the Public Mobile SIM). However, when I get text messages, it always appears through the new SIM on the new phone. I can still send outgoing texts and calls from both SIMs/phones. I've tried to deactivate the SIM card from Petro Canada, but it doesn't appear to be an option available to me through their website. I've also tried calling my number while having the old phone off, and having the old SIM card removed from the old phone, but in both cases the call goes straight to my voicemail.

Not sure what I'm supposed to do to complete the number transfer, so I thought I would post here. Thanks for your help!

6 REPLIES 6

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sa7375 wrote:

@n3wphone

Be advised though that the Moderators do take time which can be anywhere between an hour to two days — depending on their load of work. Rest assured it will be resolved.

I recently had a family member's phone behave similarly — incoming calls going to old number while she could make outgoing calls from the new number. But in her case it was porting from a land-line. The whole problem was however resolved within a week. Hopefully yours will be too.

What you describe is a normal behaviour when it comes to Bell, Virgin, Lucky, Telus, Koodo & Public Mobile when it involves number Porting. Landline Ports could take up to a week and wireless port are completed with minutes to a few hours but the behaviour mentioned is normal when it involves the providers I mentioned  

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@n3wphone

Be advised though that the Moderators do take time which can be anywhere between an hour to two days — depending on their load of work. Rest assured it will be resolved.

I recently had a family member's phone behave similarly — incoming calls going to old number while she could make outgoing calls from the new number. But in her case it was porting from a land-line. The whole problem was however resolved within a week. Hopefully yours will be too.

n3wphone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, I've written to the moderators via that link. Fingers crossed!

Petro Canada is one those funny carriers with no account numbers, isn't it?  I've read that they require both account pin and imei.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

if its been more than a day, then you need to contact the moderator_team with your porting info.  petrocanada account number, and name on account.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@n3wphone, if it's been that long and the old phone service is still working, then the number port is likely stuck.  You will need to reach out to the moderator team to have the port resubmitted.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.