cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Tranfer

hrithik
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have recently transferred a number and it says that It is successful. When I send a text or call, other person sees the right number, but when they try to call me, It does not reach me and someone else picks up the call. I think there number transfer issue or some mixed service. What to do in that case? Any help is appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8

@hrithik wrote:

I have recently transferred a number and it says that It is successful. When I send a text or call, other person sees the right number, but when they try to call me, It does not reach me and someone else picks up the call. I think there number transfer issue or some mixed service. What to do in that case? Any help is appreciated.

The message about success on the Public Mobile activation website or Self Serve website does not mean that the phone number transfer was compleeted.  It isn't actually an indicaiton of "success", but is rather poor choice of wording by Public Mobile and only means that your request was received by Public Mobile and the phone number assigned to your account.  It will actually say successful if you type in a random person's phone number to port in while providing clearly incorrect old carrier account informaiton.  This sounds to me a possible situation of maybe an incorrect phone number being typed in on the porting form.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hrithik 

if you have a new number I would say to change your number will be the best option,

How Changing Your Number

You can change your phone number up to 4 times every 30 days after you’ve activated. To change your number after activation, go to your Self Serve Account here link and:

• Select the “Plans and Add ons” tab
  • Click on “Change Phone Number”
  • Then, you can choose to select a new phone number,

or if you can't fix it you have to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

hrithik
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Looks like that number is still active. I just changed to new number in any case.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@hrithik 

When you ported over to PM, did you power off the phone? Try powering off the phone then wait a few minutes then power the phone back on.

If this doesn’t work, contact a PM CS Agent by clicking on the CS Agent and type in Create a Ticket so an agent will look into your issue.

Carriers can’t assign cancelled numbers for 90 days before resigning to someone else.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

you ported your own number from another provider to PM?  It is uncommon that a port request ended up the number got directed to another person.  I would call your number again and confirm with the one answering the call to see if he has your number.

of course  try reboot once it twice more 

. maybe just "short circuit" or "hiccup" that will resolve itself after some time??

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@hrithik wrote:

Go to top of this page and click on Get Help / Chat with Simon to start process of Customer Agent assistance.

Watch the little envelope icon on top right side of page will be highlighted when they respond to your quiery.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@hrithik wrote:

@hrithik 

You said you transferred a number over to Public Mobile, and someone else answer when they call that number?

Did you transfer over a number from an active account?

This is weird, if you account was active that you transferred over.

Did you:

*REBOOT your phone

*do a reset of your network settings

IF the same issue exists, you could ask CSA to look into it.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@hrithik , have you rebooted your phone after receiving the successful transfer message.  Check the self serve account to make sure the number showing in the account is correct.  If this does not resolve the issue, click on the chat symbol on the lower right corner of the webpage and initiate a support ticket.  Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.