cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Porting

Gene001
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have two phone numbers under one acccount in a family plan.  I want to port them to Public Mobile.

1. Can i port them to two seperate accounts, one in my name and one in my wifes name.

2. Will this allow me access to any referal bonus if i use the first ported number to refer the second.

3 REPLIES 3

@Gene001 wrote:

I have two phone numbers under one acccount in a family plan.  I want to port them to Public Mobile.

1. Can i port them to two seperate accounts, one in my name and one in my wifes name.

2. Will this allow me access to any referal bonus if i use the first ported number to refer the second.

The name on the Public Mobile accounts could really be anything. For the porting to go through properly, the name entered on the number portability request form must match that of the Rogers account.

Sekiro
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Gene001 

1. Yes

2. Yes

Basically when you do the activation online, you will be asked to provide the number of the person who referred you, so in your case your wife's account will input your phone number in the phone in order for both of you to get the $25 each referral credit. Please note this is for online activation only so if you do the activation at a local Wal-mart etc, you will only get $10.

At PM, only one line is allowed per email address/account so yes you and your wife will have separate accounts, you may also use the same credit card for payment. If you setup auto-pay, you will get additional $2 off per month.

The breakdown is as follow:

You

$25 referral credit

$2 auto-pay reward

$1 refer-a-friend reward (referring wife)

Your wife

$25 referral credit

$2 auto-pay reward

Hope this helps.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Gene001 wrote:

Yes you have to use 2 different accounts. 1 number per account. 1 account per number.

Yes you can referr your 2nd account, once you have the first account activated.

Need Help? Let's chat.