cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Porting

Manishmani950
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Everyone, I am currently using Koodo service (No Contract) on a monthly plan. All i want is to swith to PUBLIC with the same number. Is it possible and how. Please help me i hate using koodo at my location and too much over charges.

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

But you say location...Public Mobile is the same network as Koodo.

@Manishmani950 this is an important point.  If you're unhappy with Koodo because of signal quality, you are going to be equally as unhappy with Public Mobile given the same location and device, since both run on Telus' network.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Manishmani950 

The very first thing you should do is sign up for the New Year's promo - see more information under Announcements section. 

And if you know someone (friend or family) current with Public Mobile, be sure to ask for their referral code so YOU'LL save $10 on your 2nd bill and they'll get a $1 / month discount on their account.

Then you'll need to obtain a Public Mobile SIM card which you can get through Public Mobile, at London drugs, Walmart, or online at canadiancellsupplies.com

Then follow following steps:

1. Make sure your KOODO account is active and in good standing.
  2. Have your KOODO account # in hand,  you may have to call them for it.
  3. Activate your PM sim card and port your KOODO phone # upon activation.
  4. All you need to enter is the full name on the account, acct # and phone #.
  5. You can test the PM sim card for service but best to wait for KOODO to send you the port authorization text. You have 90 minutes to respond YES or NO. (This text may or may not occur)
  6. If YES, remove KOODO sim (keep it though) and put in PM sim card.
  7. You should have data and outgoing calls and texts right away.
  8. Incoming calls/texts can take 2min up to 2hrs. Once you can recieve incoming calling your port is complete if it still goes to KOODO voicemail after 2 hrs your port is stuck.
  9. Port stuck? Call the porting dept.* w/KOODO acct# ready.
  10.  Set up/ log into your pm account once you are sent the welcome email and text from pm with your six digit pin code for your self serve account set up/access.

Welcome to public mobile! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Manishmani950 : If Koodo post-paid then you can transfer the number during activation. If Koodo pre-paid then you need to ask the moderators after activation.

But you say location...Public Mobile is the same network as Koodo.

Edit: zippy up there

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Have you activated an account ?

If you have not yet activate your Public Mobile service, porting in a number from a postpaid Koodo account can be done at the time of activation.  https://activate.publicmobile.ca

If you have already activated your Public Mobile service, you'll need to proceed to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat and then type "port request'.

Need Help? Let's chat.