cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Ported... Maybe?

Obice
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi,

I signed up for the service about an hour ago and also had my number from Fido ported over to Public Mobile.

I seem to be able to text just fine but when I call my number I get an automated lady telling me that my number is "unassigned". I am needing to contact the Moderation Team for this or should I just be patient and wait for the transfer to be completed?

Also, I did get a text from Public Mobile confirming that my number had been transferred.

15 REPLIES 15

Obice

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Yeah, but all that tells you is that PM has set you up to call out, but that your port hasn't completed. So you're already there. Did you contact FIDO? It would be interesting to know if they received a port request from PM for your number. After that, the ball is in their court.

If not, the moderator contact is the only option.

I have not, I'd rather wait till I absolutely have to. Having to get ahold of a company you are leaving is pretty annoying as they try to keep you around - understandable - still irritating/annoying.

I noticed that I am able to call my phone from my TextNow number (which is based in the US), tried my Fongo number to which I'm told the number is unassigned and earlier I used my mom's phone and didn't get so much as a ringtone, just dead silence.

I'll give it till tomorrow before I contact FIDO. I also contacted the moderator team twice for separate things.

Yeah, but all that tells you is that PM has set you up to call out, but that your port hasn't completed. So you're already there. Did you contact FIDO? It would be interesting to know if they received a port request from PM for your number. After that, the ball is in their court.

If not, the moderator contact is the only option.

Obice

Oh! I'd like to point out something that may be of significance...

I can call out to people but when I call my number it claims that my number is unassigned.

Obice

I probably just need to wait or perhaps call Fido (a last resort as far as I care).

Obice

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Obice wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Obice wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Obice wrote:

Okay, a few hours ain't bad... Thanks. Hopefully it doesn't stall.

@Obice  Rogers and Fido sometimes call their customers to see if they can win them back before releasing the number. Maybe just continue to use your FIDO sim until it stops working. Once that happens then start using your PM sim and everything should be up and running.

I put my FIDO SIM in a spare phone and the phone refused to connect automatically or manually to any FIDO networks - there was like 4 networks.

@Obice  If that's the case then you Fido port completed or it's stuck and you will need the moderator to investigate. Can you access you online FIDO account? 

I am able to get onto my account online, and my number is gone so I surmise/hope that means that it is simply and slowly being transferred to PM.

Have you restarted the phone with the PM SIM?

I have... many times. I'll do it again right now.

@Obice wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Obice wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Obice wrote:

@Obice  Rogers and Fido sometimes call their customers to see if they can win them back before releasing the number. Maybe just continue to use your FIDO sim until it stops working. Once that happens then start using your PM sim and everything should be up and running.

I put my FIDO SIM in a spare phone and the phone refused to connect automatically or manually to any FIDO networks - there was like 4 networks.

@Obice  If that's the case then you Fido port completed or it's stuck and you will need the moderator to investigate. Can you access you online FIDO account? 

I am able to get onto my account online, and my number is gone so I surmise/hope that means that it is simply and slowly being transferred to PM.

Have you restarted the phone with the PM SIM?

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Obice  I am starting to think your port is stuck probably time to contact a moderator https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Obice

@geopublic wrote:

@Obice wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Obice wrote:

@Obice wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Obice wrote:

Obice

@geopublic wrote:

@Obice wrote:

@Obice wrote:

Obice

@missorange wrote:

for porting, it takes up to 24 hours to get compete.

Not so. 

If your port-in of a cell number has stalled more than 3 hours you will need moderator assistance. If so, send  a private message to the moderators https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437the   with an explanation.

Landlines & voip allow 10 days, worst case.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Obice hi it can take a few hours up to 2 days just be a little patient reboot your phone a couple of times if it isn't completed by tommorow contact a moderator here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

for porting, it takes up to 24 hours to get compete.

Need Help? Let's chat.