cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Not Recognized

selahmadland
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi!

I've been trying to activate my card and porter my number from TELUS, but when I enter my cell phone number, it won't recognize my number as Canadian, so I can't continue with the process at all. I was given this number by TELUS in BC a few years back so it definitely should be Canadian. I can't find anybody who has had the same problem!

10 REPLIES 10

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@selahmadland  What exact error message did you get?  Can you share the screenshot?

@BKNS27 

Lol....I set looking for that link in my drafts and there were so many I decided to discard as I looked and that was 45 minutes ago.

@selahmadland 

If the link supplied approves your phone number then it could just be erroring out and you need to clear your browser, reboot your device and use secret/incognito mode in chrome or Firefox.

Is there a chance it used to be a pc mobility or koodo prepaid number?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BKNS27 : I'm not saying I'm right. Just that that's not what I said. If that makes sense. 🙂

@Anonymous 

Made the correction…typing too fast without proof reading. Good catch.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BKNS27 : I just noticed your other comment. I was suggesting that they not include the 1 ie. asking if they had.

@Anonymous 

I agree that the number a Telus number and it shouldn’t matter but I thought it is worth a try. Doesn’t hurt to check. 😉

The OP may have ported the number previously from a non-Telus carrier…who knows.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BKNS27 : That doesn't make sense. It's all the Telus family. But what do I know.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@selahmadland 

Some Telus/Koodo number can’t be ported over to PM.

Check to see if your number can be ported from their website:

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal 

Not adding 1 in front of your number as noted by @Anonymous 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@selahmadland : Is it a currently active number at Telus? Are you trying to put a 1 in front in that area code box (if it would let you)? Are the area code and prefix 3 digits?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@selahmadland 

Easiest way to activate is to use the live chat for activations.

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

Need Help? Let's chat.