cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Change

maple77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All,

I just transfered my number from another carrier. I can use my phone which has the new number to make calls, but when I try to call my phone I get a message that says "the cellular number you have called is not assigned ..." What should I try next.

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

maple77

Thanks all. Number has been changed and all is well. Will check the community first.

maple77

Thanks for the heads up. I knew there would have been a cost but sometimes education comes at a price. Should be smooth sailing from now on. Thanks again.

Great news:)

Enjoy public mobile

Hope it's all smooth for you from now, but if you do hit a bump or have any questions you know where to come:)

Small advice: it's a good idea to check with community before making any changes since the service is prepaid and you don't get any money back for unused service, so changing one's mind may cost

maple77

Thank you all, I did reactivate my old number and was informed that the port was completed earlier today.

@maple77 wrote:

No; the other account was not active. I will give it a while.

Thanks

If account is not active the previous carrier will not release the number to public mobile. You can contact them and reactivate your account again, then port. Or if you don't want to bother contact moderators to cancel the port

@maple77 wrote:

Thanks

That's a problem. Porting has failed then. An inactive phone number can't be transferred.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi is your account with the previous carrier still in good standing? If not you should reactivate your old account before porting. If yes, wait couple of hours and if it's still not going through contact moderators

maple77

Thanks

@maple77 wrote:

Hi All,

I just transfered my number from another carrier. I can use my phone which has the new number to make calls, but when I try to call my phone I get a message that says "the cellular number you have called is not assigned ..." What should I try next.

Thanks.

Most time, it's just a matter of waiting a couple of hours. Your callers shouldn't be hearing that mesaage, but strange things do sometimes happen during the change over.  I once had my number give a constant busy signal for about 30 minutes when porting.

One question I have is whether your old carrier's account was active?

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sometimes it takes some time to fully port the number. Give it sometime ans if it still does not work properly click the ? on bottom right and open a ticket with a moderator to look into the problem.

Need Help? Let's chat.