cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification of my data plan

danlee
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

At 7pm, i got a notification that i have used up 75% of data plan so I immediately switch off my data roaming.. One hour later, PM message me again that I have used up to 95%, how did it even go to 95% when my data is switch off.  Beside I did not even use any data but just left my roaming on.  Bizzare!!!!

3 REPLIES 3

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@danlee wrote:

At 7pm, i got a notification that i have used up 75% of data plan so I immediately switch off my data roaming.. One hour later, PM message me again that I have used up to 95%, how did it even go to 95% when my data is switch off.  Beside I did not even use any data but just left my roaming on.  Bizzare!!!!

@danlee was yesterday day 10 of a 10-day US Roaming data add-on, by chance?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@danlee wrote:

@danlee I experienced the same situation when I have the add-on data. I contact the Moderator, she asked me to do the following:

"It is important to bring to your attention that the information displayed in the usage section, comes directly from our towers. If there is usage registered, it means that at some point the phone did connect to our network for data.

In order for you to have more control over you data usage, we recommend turning off data when is not needed. Also disabling Wi-Fi assist (for iPhone) or Smart network switch (for Android) to avoid the phone connects and jumps automatically from Wi-Fi to data. 

It is also recommended to restrict background data to avoid that applications connect automatically to your data and make small updates as soon as you turn it on.  

You may consider monitoring your data from the setting of your phone if you have an android (settings-data- set data limit – enter your billing cycle- your data allotment so the phones gives you a breakdown per app) .

You may also consider getting a third party application that will give you a breakdown of the usage per app, so you know what application is using your data or if it is the operating system of your phone."

Hope that help you control the usage eventually.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@danlee , data roaming is only applicable when you connect to a partner network as in roaming in the US with a roaming add-on.  It it mobile data that you want to turn off to conserve data.  How much usage do you have in your plan?  

Need Help? Let's chat.