cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing seems to be working

Doodle123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been with public mobile for nearly a year and haven’t had any issues, until this new cycle. I put money in my account by voucher like I normally do and I haven’t changed my plan at all. But it says I don’t have data, or texting, or calling. It says it’s not apart of my plan but it is, and has been for a year. I tried taking out my SIM card and restarting my phone even but it’s been 2 days with nothing and it’s really frustrating. 

Hope you can help, looking forward to your response. 

4 REPLIES 4

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@Doodle123

I'd suspect hardware failure. 

You could try reseating the SIM card.

You could try cleaning the electrical contacts on the SIM card (and in the SIM slot, if you can reach them). Just don't get any liquid, debris, or conductive residue into the device.

You might need to replace the SIM card, they usually contain nvflash and other bits which can eventually die. Test your phone with another working SIM card, test your PM SIM card in another working+unlocked phone. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Doodle123 

If the lost/stolen phone suggested by villellamcmeans does not work, try sdding $1 to your account to trigger PM system to re-provision your account.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Maybe the lost/stolen trick will help, click on this link to read about it:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/NO-service-and-NO-response-fr...

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Doodle123Since we cannot see your account particulars, can you post what's on the first screen when you log into selfserve.publicmobile.ca? That wil help us decipher what's going on and point you to the direction to get your plan reactivated.

Need Help? Let's chat.