cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note: PM charge for airtime in voicemail

danlee
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Whoever said that PM do not charge airtime for whoever leaving a message in your voicemail is not true, I just checked and found out that PM do charge airtime for people leaving a message in your voicemail.

** This does not applies for PM customers who are on unlimited call plan.

23 REPLIES 23

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Luddite

Retrieving or leaving voicemail messages will use plan minutes. To make sure this is super clear, we will be adding it to the table of what does and doesn't use minutes in the Limited Talk and Text  PlanCommunity Announcement. Appreciate you bringing this to my attention. 

danlee

You can change your name by accessing into your account not the community account.  I did that before, just click Account, enter your email address and password than go to profile under account name to edit and change.

danlee

I just email to PM. Thanks jp

danlee

Well, i sure hope you are right but i checked again on my usage breakdown.  I still do not see me using 8 min... And PM charges me 8 mins... in fact i only uses 2 call out... But was charge mysteriously voicemail (that i suppose called to voicemail which i did not)... 

The break down show 5 min... But the usage state is 8 min. 

Only think i could think of is "voicemail airtime" is charge on my usage... 

And no i did not access voicemail and still hope PM can make it easier to disable voicemail

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try using a different browser or incognito mode on chrome. 

If that doesn't work private message the mods 

Mooremarco56
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i am trying to chnage teh anme on my accoutn to my name my mom dont wnat nothign to do with public mobile and it giving this error

There was an error in processing your request. Please ensure you have entered a valid Alternate Phone Number. and my numebr is vaild

Acekiller

you can access your mailbox through another phone though by dialing your own number. doesn't use up the airtime via this.

@LEGO

Calls to voice mail = when YOU call your own voicemail (to retrieve the message)

This was put in to prevent obvious abuse (eg never answer phone, retreive message, use no minutes)

@LEGO wrote:

@danlee If you look at $10 / 30-days plan description, you will see that it says: Calls to voicemail will deduct from in-plan minutes.

I have said before, if you want to avoid being charged for people calling and leaving messages OR you checking your messages to disable Voicemail completely!

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@danleePublic does not charge airtime when someone leaves you a message

I have personally tested this now

ONLY when you retrieve the message

Also does not use minutes when you call forward

In both cases it will show minutes in use history but going to front page you can see the minutes used X/50

LEGO

@Acekiller wrote:

There was a question regarding whether Long-Distance minutes are charged when checking for VM. Perhaps that got lost in translation.

This plan is Canada-wide Talk, so Long-Distance minutes not relevant in this case. Woman Wink

Acekiller

There was a question regarding whether Long-Distance minutes are charged when checking for VM. Perhaps that got lost in translation.

LEGO

@danlee I have disabled Voicemail on mine (Android) phone to stop Spam calls! I am also using a Call Blocker and created a White List for “safe” people.

Are you using Android phone?

danlee

My post was to make new PM have a better understanding although it is nice to have community poster but not all the replies are true to say.  And yes, you did mention to try to disable but it is not as simple and easy as you say, you just can't simply disable that voicemail feature

@Luddite wrote:

My understanding is quite clear: no airtime charges for call forwarding nor leaving a voicemail, but charges for listening to voicemail from your cell phone. The fact that usage shows in history does not necessarily mean there is a charge.

Re-reading this not sure if Luddite meant a caller leaving you a voicemail or you calling and leaving a message.

Wouldn't leaving a voicemail be considered in the making of a call.  I know when I was on a minute based plan as soon as an answering machine or voicemail picked up the call it was a completed call and you would be charged usage on that.  Now this was not with PM but with Telus and other providers.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

danlee

Well, like I said, it only applies for those "limited call plan"... and yes, I checked my usage breakdown and they stated the "voicemail number" as an airtime so PM does charge airtime when someone leave you a message in your voicemail regardless you check it on your cellphone or not.

danlee

Like I mentioned, I ever asked a question and someone ever replied that Voicemail was "NOT" counted towards airtime and I am trying to clear up any confusion as it does.  And I did not state it was from PM post.

Hopefully the moderators, or @Brooke_C,  will update us. My understanding is quite clear: no airtime charges for call forwarding nor leaving a voicemail, but charges for listening to voicemail from your cell phone. The fact that usage shows in history does not necessarily mean there is a charge.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@danlee wrote:

Whoever said that PM do not charge airtime for whoever leaving a message in your voicemail is not true, I just checked and found out that PM do charge airtime for people leaving a message in your voicemail.

** This does not applies for PM customers who are on unlimited call plan.

So you are saying you are being charge minutes for someone leaving you a voicemail even if you don't check it?  I don't understand how that is possible, but if you do check your voicemail yes that will consume minutes.  Leaving a voicemail for a call you have made will also consume minutes.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@matbasm wrote:

@will13am, Any chance we can get a mod to update the original post to add 'leaving voicemail' to the FAQ , under what does and does not use my minutes?

Any one of us can comment on the announcement thread and bring up anomalies.  The oracles don't have special access in this case. 

matbasm

@will13am, Any chance we can get a mod to update the original post to add 'leaving voicemail' to the FAQ , under what does and does not use my minutes?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I will just add that the usage counter is the same for unlimited plans but we don't care as it doesn't matter.  We can never run out of usage. 

matbasm

@danlee, where did you see that it says that the time used when someone leaves you a message is not counted towards your minutes.  I checked the original post (here), and I see no mention that leaving a voicemail is excluded from being counted.

LEGO

@danlee If you look at $10 / 30-days plan description, you will see that it says: Calls to voicemail will deduct from in-plan minutes.

I have said before, if you want to avoid being charged for people calling and leaving messages OR you checking your messages to disable Voicemail completely!

Need Help? Let's chat.