cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 7 won't use LTE

beerdude111
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
This isn't actually my problem but I helped a friend switch to PM and his phone won't recognize LTE, it keeps using 3G. Anyone know the solution?
10 REPLIES 10

beerdude111

Thanks for the headsup. I don't know how long he plans on using the note 7 but I'll tell him to swap it out. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@beerdude111 the clock is ticking:

Canadians won't be able to use a Note 7 on any network after December 15

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@ASharpTM wrote:

There's nothing illegal about owning one. 

@ASharpTM there should be, though!  They don't let you walk down the street with a brick of plastic explosives and a random number generator attached to a trigger, right? 

I get attachment, but even if the likelihood of explosion and/or fire is low, the impact of it is quite high. I would hope anyone smart enough to have chosen the Note 7 before all this came up would also be smart enough to give it up.  Future Darwin Award winners may choose to hang on I guess.  As long as no innocent bystanders get injured or killed, I guess it's okay.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ASharpTM

@srlawren wrote:
Honestly, what is the delay????

I imagine some people may just be really attached to the phone. It's a good phone but it is just prone to catching fire. Some people might think the phone is good enough to be worth the risk. There's nothing illegal about owning one. Good luck getting onto a plane with one though.

srlawren

@beerdude111 wow I was hoping this was a joke posting when I saw the subject, but you're serious that you know someone still using a Note 7????  First someone asking about a BlackBerry BB6 device (Curve) yesterday, and now this?  I'm not sure which is worse*, but I think I'd rather have the 6 year old BlackBerry.  Wait, no, I'd just carry the fire extinguisher too.

(* note, I was a HUGE BlackBerry fan from 2007 until the end of 2014 (and had nearly every device they released during that time), when I finally ditched my Z10 for Android device and never looked back.  The thought of going back to pre BB10 BlackBerry.......  *shivers*)

On a serious Note though...  get him to exchange that phone ASAP.  Honestly, what is the delay????

RLBL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@beerdude111 wrote:

Well, a little bit of a heads up that it wipes the entire device would've been nice. 😐 

Good thing everything was backed up. And it worked so thank you, we didn't even have to use the fire extingusher so HA!! 😛

He did tell you (unless it was edited afterwards... in which case my bad):

"He'll likely need to select a different CSC. This will factory default the phone."

beerdude111

Well, a little bit of a heads up that it wipes the entire device would've been nice. 😐 

Good thing everything was backed up. And it worked so thank you, we didn't even have to use the fire extingusher so HA!! 😛

beerdude111

He's getting a replacement phone but in the meanwhile, he carries a fire extingusher in his car everywhere lol. 

cheeseburger
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@beerdude111

He'll likely need to select a different CSC. This will factory default the phone.

Bring up the dialer and type:

*#06# to see the IMEI and write it down.

Then type:

*#272*Phone’s IMEI Here#

Select TLS (Telus) from the list.

Tap Install

The phone will reboot and install the CSC.

Re-enter/check on APN settings.

Have a fire extinguisher handy.

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi..

did you say note 7? really? it's been meanwhile deemed illigal to use them....but to clatify: samsung issued push update rendering most of the note 7's function useless..... time to switch for real....

cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.