cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure wut every 1s prob is??...

Rmkennedy1983
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been with public mobile for about 4-months I think now and have nothing but GREAT thing to say!!!

Other than the crappy prepaid phone cards and there AMOUNTS...i love public mobile n have not once had an issue with them. Great coverage...great deal...and never worry cuz nothing about my plan or this company has ever given me a problem...

9 REPLIES 9

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

I have been here since October 2016 and have had trouble free service so far.  Maybe it is serendipity that none of the pitfalls have affected me.  Things like the recent maintenance outage leaving a bunch of customers with disabled accounts is not something that should be treated lightly.  This is not the first time that a maintenance outage has resulted in a catastrophe the following day.  While the system does work well generally for most customers, I would not dismiss other customers who complain about service disruptions through no fault of their own.  

@will13am 

and the upcoming maintenance this Sunday...  time for everybody to cross our fingers that all goes well!  LOL

I started looking for a Data-only plan in 2015, while I was with Wind.  I wanted to use a VoIP system for phone and text, but it wasn't fully available from the service I had chosen to use (SMS via email was the hangup).

When I heard about the BYOP (build your own plan) option here, I jumped all over it in the summer of 2016, prior to the promo I'm on now.

It's been fantastic, and my service with Public Mobile has been far better, and more reliable than with either Wind, and Rogers before Wind, and I'm still paying less than I did with either of those carriers.

I'm not planning to leave Public Mobile.  The ease of use of the self serve, and the community's wealth of knowledge keep me here.  The rewards are a bonus, and that really does help.

I don't want to leave the carrier.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@cavemantoronto wrote:

Most customers get a good deal here. We hear more about bad than good because people complain more often than praise.

And it's all an illusion anyhow. Other than the posts we have seen in this thread, at the end of the day, this is a support community. People come in here with issues. So that's all we tend to see. We don't see the 1000's of people that don't have any issues and just go about their day 🙂

SLOPES
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@smp99The Mods have done nothing but great work on my behalf. I have never had such amazing service from a cell phone carrier before.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I have also been here since fall 2016 without issue. Many family friends have also joined and are without issues as well. In fact they still often comment to me how great the service is for so cheap. One friend got tripped up buying a data add-on when they wanted a US data add-on. I helped them figure that out, then I suggested they might ask for a credit for their honest mistake. PM credited their account. That was worth way more than $30 in the eyes of the customer. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have been here since October 2016 and have had trouble free service so far.  Maybe it is serendipity that none of the pitfalls have affected me.  Things like the recent maintenance outage leaving a bunch of customers with disabled accounts is not something that should be treated lightly.  This is not the first time that a maintenance outage has resulted in a catastrophe the following day.  While the system does work well generally for most customers, I would not dismiss other customers who complain about service disruptions through no fault of their own.  

I have been here for 30 months now and no issues.  Yes there are times where the system creates issues.  There are still a lot of issues that are created by user error such as porting issues and plan changes.  Again I do agree that there are issues here that need to be dealt with but still PM has been a great provider with solid service for me.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Most customers get a good deal here. We hear more about bad than good because people complain more often than praise.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rmkennedy1983 wrote:

I've been with public mobile for about 4-months I think now and have nothing but GREAT thing to say!!!

Other than the crappy prepaid phone cards and there AMOUNTS...i love public mobile n have not once had an issue with them. Great coverage...great deal...and never worry cuz nothing about my plan or this company has ever given me a problem...

And I've been here almost 11 months with nary a problem. But the regulars here see all the complaints. And sometimes there are some real doozies caused by this low budget system. Like yesterday. And a few days ago with a bunch of Quebec, province-only-plan folks.

But otherwise a lot of the problems are just configuration problems where people that have come from all the hand-holding of expensive services decide to come here and struggle with the self-serve, hands-on nature of the place.

Need Help? Let's chat.