cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not seeing refer a friend added to my account

Rob1963
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have received two text from PM in the last week that I have a friend referral but do not see it on my account, has anyone else had this problem?

9 REPLIES 9

@JK8 wrote:

@Rob1963 

I see these phantom referrals as being a problem for customers who are unaware. They may see referral rewards increase in their account and add just the necessary funds for their renewal when in fact they are short, therefore causing their plan to be suspended. PM needs to fix this bug properly.

That's true, but there's never a guarantee that any of the real referred customers won't port out. That would have the same effect.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Rob1963 

I see these phantom referrals as being a problem for customers who are unaware. They may see referral rewards increase in their account and add just the necessary funds for their renewal when in fact they are short, therefore causing their plan to be suspended. PM needs to fix this bug properly.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rob1963 wrote:

I have received two text from PM in the last week that I have a friend referral but do not see it on my account, has anyone else had this problem?

If you did not actually refer any friend, those refer-a-friend rewards are phantom referrals because of a software bug.  It shows up one day and gone in couple of days.  Easy come and easy go.

@Gunner123 wrote:

@Rob1963 wrote:

@Rob1963 hi yes me too it's been happening lately gets my hopes up for nothing lol

This is issue has been around for the longest time. The only difference is how now, Public Mobile has some time type of check in place and the fake referrals get removed the next day.  For whatever reason, this is now happening every day to me, sometimes 4 or 5 fake referrals in one day.

Rob1963
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No I absolutely may have referred someone, I  put my one year anniversary  out there on social media and was thrilled to see two referrals but so far they are not credited to the account. One was but it was removed two days later. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Rob1963 yes, it is a bug in a system. You sure that you didn't refer anyone, right?

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rob1963 wrote:

@Rob1963 hi yes me too it's been happening lately gets my hopes up for nothing lol

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Rob1963 wrote:

Yes, this has been an ongoing problem with phantom referrals. PM is looking into it.

Need Help? Let's chat.