cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not registered sim card

gharzaldino1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. I have had my sim card for 2 years now and it worked good. But couple hours ago it stopped working and I got a message telling me that not registered sim card. Any suggestions,  thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

davgendron
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@gharzaldino1 

To get things clear, I suggest you to contact the moderator team, they have access to your account and they can assist you in your problem.

To contact the moderator team:

1. Click Chat Bubble on the lower right corner and type "Open Ticket"

2. Click "Contact us"

3. Select "Other"

4. Select the link "Click Here To Submit A Ticket"

5. This opens a new window. Log in with Community Account (NOT your self serve). Follow prompts.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@gharzaldino1 wrote:

Hi. I have had my sim card for 2 years now and it worked good. But couple hours ago it stopped working and I got a message telling me that not registered sim card. Any suggestions,  thanks.

@gharzaldino1 

Before panicking too much, try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

Have you recently change phones? Even if you have not, check if your phone is blacklisted here:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@gharzaldino1 

Strange that your PM SIM was working for the last 2 years then it became inactive.

I would suggest you log into your self serve account and see your Account Status is still Active. Also check to see if My Profile all matches to your personal information. 

If everything is OK, power off the phone and remove the SIM wipe it with a microfiber cloth then power it back on to see if you still have the same message.

If it does, try the SIM in another phone to see if it has the same message.

If it does, you need to contact a moderator to look into your issue with the SIM.

@gharzaldino1 

Power off the phone and remove the sim card. Test it in another phone if possible...do you get the same message? Test another sim card in your phone...can it read it.? This will narrow it down to a sim card issue or a phone issue. If you cannot log in to your account try calling 1 855 4PUBLIC.

If there are no account or device issues then the next step would be contacting the moderators and see if they can reprovision your sim card. If that is not possible then you will have to purchase a new one from a local retailer. Save the reciept so they can credit your account the replacement cost at the same time that you ask for the moderators to swap out your sim card. Include the last 4 digits of your current sim card in your message/support ticket so the moderator can immediately confirm they do match.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@gharzaldino1 wrote:

Posssibly someone ported number out or swapped the sim card. There could be a network problem. Reboot the phone see if that fixes the problem. Look in self serve account to see if account is active.

Need Help? Let's chat.