cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not receiving text or able to access voicemail on iphone

I have an iphone but can't receive texts from android device, and am unable to check voicemail (incoming calls going straight to voicemail). I am new to Public, and can send texts and calls no problem

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Not receiving text or able to access voicemail on iphone

Here are the steps to access voicemail without using your cell phone plan minutes:

1. Set your phone to airplane mode so that it does not answer any calls.

2. Call your PM number from home phone or any phone without usage charge by the minute.

3. As soon as it connects to my voicemail, press * and then your voicemail 4 digit passcode to access voicemails.

4. After getting your voicemail, turn off your airplane mode to get your phone back to normal working condition.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@camccaul wrote:

I have an iphone but can't receive texts from android device, and am unable to check voicemail (incoming calls going straight to voicemail). I am new to Public, and can send texts and calls no problem

Is your Airplane Mode on or Do No Disturb?

Texts vs iMessage may be an issue depending if you are on Data or Wifi. 

Texting to a non Apple product should always work. iMessage will only work for inbound or outbound IF you are using Wi-Fi or Data. 

Are your Settings, Messages set properly?

Did you change your APN settings?

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@camccaul 

When you hold 1 on your phone’s keypad are you able to access/setup your voicemail.

I would also put your phone into airplane mode for 10 seconds then back to normal mode. Also turn off your phone for about 10 seconds then back on.

Your iMessage settings might be set to receive and start messages from your Apple ID instead of your phone number. To check if your phone number is set to send and receive messages, go to Settings > Messages, and tap Send & Receive.

If you don't see your phone number, you can link your iPhone number to your Apple ID so you can send and receive iMessage’s from your phone number.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@camccaul 

you can call the porting team to investigate the issue
1-844-232-7678

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Here are the steps to access voicemail without using your cell phone plan minutes:

1. Set your phone to airplane mode so that it does not answer any calls.

2. Call your PM number from home phone or any phone without usage charge by the minute.

3. As soon as it connects to my voicemail, press * and then your voicemail 4 digit passcode to access voicemails.

4. After getting your voicemail, turn off your airplane mode to get your phone back to normal working condition.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you, I never would have found this number!  On the line with them now 🙂

Highlighted

Awesome, thanks for your help

Highlighted