cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving phone calls

perphy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have ported my number, and am able to receive and send texts, and make phone calls. But people have been getting an immediate " cannot place call as dialed" sort of message when trying to call me. 

5 REPLIES 5

perphy

I reset my phone and a call was able to come through. Thanks for the help 🙂

@perphy wrote:

I ported over about 12 hrs ago, and was able to immediately text and place calls. I will try to rest my phone though.

@perphy 

With most ports, you should be able to text and talk out immediately.  Just not be able to receive texts and talk until the port is completed.  That is why it is interesting that you are able to receive texts.  With a stuck port, you should not be able to receive texts.  I am wondering if this case is a stuck port or account provision issue.  

If stuck port, you will need to contact Telus port team via phone as described above.  If account provision issue, then you will need to contact moderator.

perphy

I ported over about 12 hrs ago, and was able to immediately text and place calls. I will try to rest my phone though.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@perphy wrote:

I have ported my number, and am able to receive and send texts, and make phone calls. But people have been getting an immediate " cannot place call as dialed" sort of message when trying to call me. 

Has it been more than 3 hours since you ported? 

If so, call Porting Team at **********

Porting Your Number Into Public Mobile

If you are porting your number into Public Mobile, for additional security, your previous service provider may also send an SMS text to validate the transfer. Follow the instructions in the message within 90 minutes to approve the number transfer.If you have missed the 90 minute window to respond, we will send you an SMS with instructions on how to re-initiate the transfer by calling our Porting team.The SMS will read as follows:Public Mobile Msg: The request to move your phone number to Public Mobile has timed out. Don't worry, you can easily re-initiate the transfer. Please call our Porting Team at ***to authorize your number transfer

Tips:

• Keep the old account's device on with the SIM card inside to receive the validation message. If that’s not possible, please ensure you can access the SIM from a different device.
  • Be sure to check all texts that could go to any other members on the old account and any junk or spam folders.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@perphy 

When did you port over your number?  Sometimes it can take a few hours for mobile lines and actually take a few days for landlines. It might be a stuck port, but usually with that, you should not be able to receive texts also.  

Maybe try reboot your phone.  Network reset.

Need Help? Let's chat.