cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving phone calls

ErinSuyker
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey,

I switched from Bell to Public Mobile yesterday afternoon. I am able to make phone calls, send/receive texts but I am unable to receieve phone calls. I have removed the SIM card twice and restarted my phone multiple times with it being off over night in case it needed more time and it is still not working. Looking for some assistance to get everything working smoothly. 

16 REPLIES 16

@mingofrench wrote:

I activated my PM plan with unlimited calls in Canada and texts in Canada and US too.

No problem with calls/texts in Canada and with texts to/from the US. 

No calls come in from the US to my phone BUT the party in the US has no problem with another Canadian number. !

Why is ONLY my line blocked from the states..?

My SIM card/activation deal was at Walmart and I had  PM for months before (same set up) with no problem..

@mingofrench   Just to clarify are you saying that you were able to receive calls from your US contact before but now you're not able to?  So I'm not really sure why you're not able to receive these calls but you could first try the lost/stolen trick to see if it will reset your SIM/account. 

Log into your account, select Plans/Add-ons tab, then Phone Lost/Stolen, Suspend service, log out, wait a few mins, log back in and Resume service, log out and restart your phone.

If this doesn't help then you'll need to contact moderators via SIMon ? mark bottom right of your screen and ask them to take a look at your account.

mingofrench
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated my PM plan with unlimited calls in Canada and texts in Canada and US too.

No problem with calls/texts in Canada and with texts to/from the US. 

No calls come in from the US to my phone BUT the party in the US has no problem with another Canadian number. !

Why is ONLY my line blocked from the states..?

My SIM card/activation deal was at Walmart and I had  PM for months before (same set up) with no problem..

mmkarimian

Been experiencing this issue since I joined Public Mobile back in July

About a month ago, a moderator pushed some network updates on my account... I gave it some time, yet am still told by contacts in Canada and US that they were unable to get through.. I just tried the lost phone/suspend service you posted here.  Hopefully, it works.  Thank you.

ErinSuyker

Hey,

I ended up getting a moderator email from another community member and sent them an email; however, within a couple hours of sending them an email I received a text message from Public Mobile advising that my transfer request had been completed. I am unsure if this was a result of emailing the moderator or just the final step after switching to Public Mobile. It took about 24 hours after the initial switch for everything to be working smoothly 🙂

RY888

Me too.

Try the lost phone trick. Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone

ashley_patfield

Hey how did you get this fixed I am having the same issue 

@ErinSuyker, do you have access to your self-serve account?  You can try to mark your phone last lost, sign-out, wait 5 minutes, then log back in and reactivate your plan.

This *may* restart the provisioning that could be messed up right now.

I think it is related to your porting issue.  You would need to wait for a moderator to resolve it.

ErinSuyker

Thank you, I will do that. And I just tried to make a call and an automated Public Mobile message played saying talk isn't available in my current plan, however, it is and I paid for it yesterday and could call last night. I was hoping this would go smooth as I was so looking forward to the lower costs. Any ideas? Or is it all connected to things not porting properly?

@ErinSuyker  a écrit :

Yes I will call to see if they still have it by chance.  That is frustrating.  I will let them know for future customers they have so no one else runs into this. Worst comes to worst I can't be called for a few days I guess.

You can let public mobile your problem with this walmart here...https://www.publicmobile.ca/fr/on/store-locator search yours and you can LEAVE A REVIEW....

ErinSuyker

Yes I will call to see if they still have it by chance.  That is frustrating.  I will let them know for future customers they have so no one else runs into this. Worst comes to worst I can't be called for a few days I guess.

@ErinSuyker  a écrit :

Thank you I will message them directly. Unfortunately a rep at Walmart did the process for me so I left my old SIM card there and they advised that my Bell Account would be cancelled upon my registration which seemed to have gone through...

BEEP...he was wrong. It's not right away for a port....and sometimes it takes few days...Anyway you can phone walmart? Just in case??

ErinSuyker

Thank you I will message them directly. Unfortunately a rep at Walmart did the process for me so I left my old SIM card there and they advised that my Bell Account would be cancelled upon my registration which seemed to have gone through...

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ErinSuyker  if you still have your bell sim that shoudl still work, till the port completes.  you might also receive a call from the porting team at the alternate number you provided asking questions to complet the port.  

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@ErinSuyker  a écrit :

Hey,

I switched from Bell to Public Mobile yesterday afternoon. I am able to make phone calls, send/receive texts but I am unable to receieve phone calls. I have removed the SIM card twice and restarted my phone multiple times with it being off over night in case it needed more time and it is still not working. Looking for some assistance to get everything working smoothly. 

Yes you need assistance from the moderator here...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and they will help you. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days but they work 7/7 days.

And keep your bell plan ACTIVE to be able to port your number correctly. You will receive a text when everything is ok from public mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.