cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving incoming calls

Nadeemakhan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently bought a public mob sim from toronto and now moved to thunder bay, the problem with my android phone samsung A10 is that outgoing calls are good and working while incoming calls are not received also data not working kindly help me out

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you just activate? Did you transfer/port your number in from elsewhere? Did you change your number from a Toronto number to a Thunder Bay number?

If you ported over then put in your old SIM and check for a text confirming the port. Then keep it in until the port is finished. Then you can put in the new SIM.

Nadeemakhan

I recently purchased a plan from toronto and next morning moved to thunder bay to my surprise the number is allowing only outgoing calls and icant receive incoming calls and no data or internet now I have received an email in which they have strongly suggest to get my number changed as it does not belong to their network I agreed and emailed them ,the moderator however they are silent for the last two days what should I do complained launched via their system here four times plz suggest what to do now the number is xxxxxxxxxx which I got thru the sim kindly dial and check what u hear

edited by computergeek541: phone number removed

@Nadeemakhan wrote:

They gave me a wrong sim with some other mobile network

If they gave you the wrong SIM card for some other mobile network, you would not have been able to activate it at Public Mobile.  Did they activate it for you or did you do that at home?  Do you actually have a Public Mobile account/did the store activate a plan for a different carrier by mistake?

Nadeemakhan

They gave me a wrong sim with some other mobile network

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Nadeemakhan wrote:

I recently bought a public mob sim from toronto and now moved to thunder bay, the problem with my android phone samsung A10 is that outgoing calls are good and working while incoming calls are not received also data not working kindly help me out

I had that issue once .. outgoing fine but not incoming. 

Turn out a simply Phone reboot did not work.  I have to turn off the phone, pull the SIM and wait a min or 2, put it back and power on.

Hope this helps

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Nadeemakhan , it could be a coverage issue that's causing your problems.  Take a look at the cell tower locations in your area.  IIRC Thunder Bay is TBaytel territory as far as best coverage goes.

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Nadeemakhan wrote:

Did you change your number to a local Thunder Bay number after you move?

If yes, your should restart your phone before your phone working properly after the phone number change.

Please provide more details.  Thanks

You have a Merry Christmas at the current trying time.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Nadeemakhan 

More details would be helpful.  Was the phone working while in Toronto?  Did you port your number over when you activated?  What about incoming or outgoing texts?  

Might want to try to reboot phone.  Network reset of phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.