cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving certain texts

jgrant9411
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am a new PM customer for the last week.  I'm not receiving text messages but still receiving other new texts.  So far I've noticed not receiving text messages from a long distance number and from certain businesses ie. Amazon and Canada Revenue.  If I replace it with my old sim card (Bell) I get those missing texts.  Does anyone have a fix for this or if I missed something when I switched carriers.  Thanks everyone

8 REPLIES 8

@jgrant9411 wrote:

Hello

If I put the bell sim card in my phone rings, if I replace it with the pm sim, it goes to voicemail. It doesn't look like the port in was successful.  How can I restart the process?  I contacted Bell and they said the request has to come from PM

Hello @jgrant9411 

You need to have Public Mobile restart the porting request. Submit a ticket with the Moderators.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

What happened to my post??? I provided my comment and it is gone?????

Anyway, CRA has always some issues with sending authentication code to phone/cell (voice or sms).

Call them, ask them to 'do something' (reset, unlock) with your account (you cannot do it yourself) and add all 3 phone numbers if you have them available. That way if one fails to receive a code (voice or sms) the others might work...

sololeo908

Your Bell account didn't have Port Fraud Protection, right? If it did, and you didn't request to remove it before switching to Public Mobile, that might be the cause. 

If that isn't the case, then I highly suggest using Public Mobile's "Live Chat" to get their assistance in making the request that Bell mentioned. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

can you do try reseat the SIM card

1.power off your device

2.take out the SIM card,

3.wipe it clean SIM card,

4.put it back and power on,

5.toggling airplane mode off/on,  

it happened sometime you know, A normal reboot without reset, didn't work. At least try it,

only work after reseating the SIM card.

can you try it selecting the network to "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit HERE 

or HERE 

for android visit HERE ,

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on.

It looks like porting was not completely successful. Watch for your mailbox for porting support phone number...

jgrant9411

Hello

If I put the bell sim card in my phone rings, if I replace it with the pm sim, it goes to voicemail. It doesn't look like the port in was successful.  How can I restart the process?  I contacted Bell and they said the request has to come from PM

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jgrant9411  if your Bell still receiving the text, it looks like the porting wasn't completed.    Two ways you can confirm if your port is completed

1. if you call yourself, does your PM phone ring?  If not, try putting the Bell SIM back and call again and see if Bell SIM rings

2. Can you logon to Bell account?  does it show your Bell phone account active or cancelled?  if port is completed, it should be cancelled/closed.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you recently port your phone number over to PM ?

You would need to submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the bubble on the bottom right.

Need Help? Let's chat.