cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving calls

drotc1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just ported my number from Chatr but now I am not able to receive any calls. I can call out but it says “the person you are calling is unavailable” whenever anyone tries calling my phone. Please help....I urgently need to be able to receive calls for work. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@drotc1, I'd be glad to assist you today with this matter. I just sent you a private message, please get back to me with the requested information.

Cheers,

Aïssata

@drotc1 wrote:

This is not an issue of port being stuck as I transferred my phone months ago and got the port issue resolved and my phone was working fine. The problem now is that my phone number has actually changed from 250-863-xxxx to 587-581-xxxx and I need it changed back to 250-863-xxxx (my old number as of 2 days ago)

Edit:  phone number redacted.  Please don't post personal information in the public forum. 

I edited your phone numbers because we should not put personal information in the public forum.  Now, I need to understand this a bit further.  If you had the correct number with area code 250 a couple of days ago, then why was the number changed to the area code 587 number?  Somebody must have initiated a number change either through porting a number or requesting a new number in order for this to happen.  In any event, getting the right number into the right account is something that only the moderator team can do.  However, they need to be given the right direction on what to do. 

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@drotc1 In order to resolve this, you would need to send a Private message to Moderator_Team as @will13am suggested above. Follow link in that post.

Good luck! Woman Happy

drotc1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is not an issue of port being stuck as I transferred my phone months ago and got the port issue resolved and my phone was working fine. The problem now is that my phone number has actually changed from 250-863-xxxx to 587-581-xxxx and I need it changed back to 250-863-xxxx (my old number as of 2 days ago)

Edit:  phone number redacted.  Please don't post personal information in the public forum. 

"the person you are calling is unavailable" is usually the type of message that you would receive if your phone was turned off and you don't have voicemail.   The strange part is that I believe that all Chtar plans have always had voicemail included (although some of the lower priced plans charged a fee to retrieve and listen to the messages).

As will13am said, I would check to make sure if your Chatr service is still working by putting the Chatr sim card back into your phone.

In case you need to resubmit your number portability request, I would contact Chatr customer service and ask for your Chatr account number.  Contacting them is the only to get that because they don't provide that to their customers unless it is specifically requested.  Public Mobile customer service will ask you for the Chatr account number in the event that they attempt to make another phone number transfer request on your behalf.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@drotc1, it is likely your port has not completed or is stuck and needs to be resubmitted.  Try using the old service to see if it still works.  If it does, the port may be still in progress.  If it has been at least several hours, the port may by stuck.  In that case, send a private message to the moderator team to resubmit it.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.   Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Need Help? Let's chat.