cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving calls

Zohar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Just join Public Mobile 3 hours ago activate my sim and account, I was with pay as you go plan (no contract) with other carrier and now i can make call but not receving any call. 

I receive a text massage about to complete your requst to move to PM go to PM.ca and click Contact us and complete the SIM & activation !!!

First there is no Contact us on the PM page !

Second I already did complete the SIM and Activation.

Whts going on, was before with PM with no problem.

39 REPLIES 39

Zohar

Ok I'll call them to see if its possible.

Thx.

Yeah better safe than sorry.

@Zohar 

Probably just top up would be safer. Or you can call Petrocan customer servive ans ask whether they will release the phone number during grace period.

Zohar

I haven't receive any conformation from Moderator_Team, should I wait or I top up my PetroCanada ?

My number now not available when I dial it (in grace period).

Zohar

Ok will wait till tomorrow.

Thx.

@Zoharbut it doesn't tell you whether or not they will release your number if you are in their grace period. I suggest you just wait till tomorrow, if your port goes through then no need to worry about. If it is still not porting then you would need to top up your PetroCanada account.

Zohar

Here is the info I found:

Porting your Petro-Canada Mobility number to another service provider

What information do I need to provide the new service provider?

• Account password/PIN
  • Phone IMEI (HSPA/GSM) devices

Your new service provider will contact us to release your existing Petro-CanadaMobility number and your account will be cancelled. Any remaining balance you have on your Petro-Canada Mobility number will be forfeited.

Any remaining balance you have on your Petro-Canada Mobility number will be forfeited.

@Zohar wrote:

Its Petro Canada monthly plan pay month by month on each 4th of a month.

Grace period is just for balance, is it not? The prepaid balance thing is mandated.  Does Petro Canada Mobiliy allow port out in that situation?   I know that Freedom Mobile prepaid accounts allow it but some other carriers might not.

@Zoharyou would have to see PetroCanada's terms of service. They might not let your number port if it is in the grace period eg. Since this is Public Mobile support forum we won't know. Since it is your number, you should verify the scenario.

Zohar

I have a 7-day grace period after my balance expires tomorrow in order to refill my account to retain balance.

If Idon't refill my account after the 7 day grace period, I will lose any remaining balance on my account which I dont care about my remaining balance.

Is that means I'm ok?

Thx.

@Zohar 

Will your account still be active on July 5 if you don’t pay tomorrow?  Your Petro can account should still be active when the port is transferred. 

Zohar

Its Petro Canada monthly plan pay month by month on each 4th of a month.

@Zohar wrote:

OK Thanks for reply. One more inquire I suppose to renew my old account by tomorrow and I have 7 days grace period, Should I use my old sim for now until porting done. Also how long usually takes for porting ?

Thx.

Carriers are supposed to aim to have number transfers from one wireless carrier to anothe to be completed within 2.5 hours.  Moderator response time can vary.

I notice that you're talking about a geace period.  Is that the 10 day Freedom Mobile Pay Before grace period when they still allow incoming calls even if you don't pay?

@Zohar 

Moderators are taking 1-2 days to respond.  Might take up to 2-3

days to get port completed. Continue to use old SIM card. Original Account needs to be active to be ported. 

Zohar

OK Thanks for reply. One more inquire I suppose to renew my old account by tomorrow and I have 7 days grace period, Should I use my old sim for now until porting done. Also how long usually takes for porting ?

Thx.

@Zohar wrote:

Very strange, when dial *611 get respond from PM also I can send and receive text messages and can make calls. My problem not receiving call when try from other phone it goes direct to old voice mail !!!

That's not strange at all.  That's how number porting is done at at Telus, Koodo, and Public.  This means that your phone number has not yet been transfered.  To receive your calls, reinsert your old carrier's sim card.

If you're transfering this phone number from another wireless carrier, it should be done by now.  Send a private message to Moderator_Team with your old carrier's account information.

Zohar

Very strange, when dial *611 get respond from PM also I can send and receive text messages and can make calls. My problem not receiving call when try from other phone it goes direct to old voice mail !!!

@Zohar yes if your number is going to your old voicemail that means you number is still being ported or stuck (depending on the time frame and type of number you are talking about)

Zohar

When call from other phone number goes to my old voicemail box thats mean its not ported ?

Zohar

Ok if this the case means I picked to transefer my old # because all my apps and Contacts using this number. Thx.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zohar wrote:

Yes I did not ask for new # . During processing of activation It was 2 options either to porting my number from my carrier with some questions about account number and the second option which I clicked was I have my own number.

I'm still confused. Your OP indicates you did a transfer. Now you're saying you "have my own number". What own number? You either transfer "your own number" from another provider or you pick a new number from here.

Zohar

Yes I did not ask for new # . During processing of activation It was 2 options either to porting my number from my carrier with some questions about account number and the second option which I clicked was I have my own number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zohar wrote:

did not ask for transfer my number, How can I redo it now ?

Well now I'm confused. You said you didn't take a new number. You *have* to either take a new number or transfer a number from a different provider during activation. Which is it?

Edit: your first post tells me you tried to port. The next couple posts say what you gotta do.

Zohar

did not ask for transfer my number, How can I redo it now ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zohar wrote:

When activate PM SIM did not ask for porting the number just have my number and I did not get any temporary number because all my contacts in my existing number.

Yeah the activation doesn't say porting. It says transfer. Can be confusing when everybody's saying porting. Porting is the common word.

Zohar

When activate PM SIM did not ask for porting the number just have my number and I did not get any temporary number because all my contacts in my existing number.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Zohar yea thats the problem with porting a number sometimes it's the wait but you do have  the option to use your public mobile sim also I assume you took a temporary number?

Zohar

t I already paid for first month starting today !

RossN
Mayor / Maire

yes you can use it until your port is complete pre paid and pay as you go can take up to a week to port over

Zohar

I'm supposed to renew my monthly plan by tomorrow July 4. Should I put my old SIM card in ?

Need Help? Let's chat.