cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving call after new activation

ssyy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated my new Sim card yesterday with existing cell phone number transfered from another carrier, but I can only make call but not receive call as it always go to voice mail. Please help!

7 REPLIES 7

Twopennybuffalo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is usually called a porting delay or provisioning error.

a moderator should be able to request a new provision and check the port status. If they see it is pending still it means you need to contact the old provider and they will push the port and cancel the account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ssyy 

maybe you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

can you Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ssyy 

If you missed the 90-minite window to confirm the port/transfer, you can try and reply anyways and sometimes it will re-initiate the porting request.  Let us know how it goes.  Porting can be a complex/complicated process.

your port is not completed.  Not sure if it is because you missed the 90 mins frame?  or it was late at night you replied and they won't complete the port till this morning?

Anyway, I already messaged you the phone number.  Call and confirm the status.  They are very helpful

ssyy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes i confirmed the text message from old sim card. Old service is still working and account is still accessible.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@ssyy   is the call going to Public Mobile voicemail or the voicemail form your previous provider?

Important step of the phone number transfer (porting) is to receive an email from your old provider and you need to reply YES within 90 mins.  Have you done that yet?  

if you have missed the step or if you need confirmation with your porting status, there is a number to call.  I will message you via the Community inbox.  

If you already reply the message within 90 mins, then try to reboot your phone again and then test incoming calls again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ssyy : Did you leave the old SIM in to confirm the transfer text? Does your old service still work? Is that account still accessible?

Need Help? Let's chat.