cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving all text messages.

Cazza72
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up with Public almost a week ago. Not all the text messages being sent to me are arriving. 

10 REPLIES 10

Cazza72

Thank you. How do I get the number port problem sorted out? Who do I contact? My old provider, Virgin? Cheers.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Cazza72 , your text receipt problem is related to the incomplete number port.  For those contacts that also use the Telus or sister brand services, the texting is likely to work.  For those contacts using other carrier brands, their text are going to your old service still.  Get the number port completed and this problem will go away.  

@Cazza72 wrote:

I switched to Public almost a week ago. I have set up voicemail but am not receiving any calls or messages. When people call me it goes straight my previous provider's voicemail and tells them my inbox is full. 

This means your port is not complete. Put your previous providers SIM back in your phone, and if it still works, that confirms it. You'll need to leave the old one in, and contact the moderators to retry your port. When they do, you will receive a text message that you need to reply with confirmation within 90 minutes of receiving to authorize the port.

Click the "Chat with SIMon" off of the help page, and type "port request" to start you down the path to opening a ticket with support (moderators):

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/sk/get-help

@Dunkman @Cazza72 The OP started another thread, looks like this caused by a porting issue.

@Cazza72 wrote:

I switched to Public almost a week ago. I have set up voicemail but am not receiving any calls or messages. When people call me it goes straight my previous provider's voicemail and tells them my inbox is full. 

@Cazza72 I think we have found the problem. You ported in your old number didn't you? You need to keep using the old sim until it stops working so you can answer the SMS authorizing the port. You can call the number below to have them fix the port. Keep using the old sim until it stops working then start with the PM sim.

Here is a link to a Public Mobile page on porting that may be useful:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Oracle365
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had this problem when I activated my account with Public Mobile, too. The reason for me was that I switched my SIM cards too soon after I activated. Before switching out your old SIM card for your new SIM card, you need to receive a text from your old provider in which they ask you to confirm that you want to switch providers (then you type YES in response to their text). At which point you need to wait to receive a second text from your old provider confirming that they have successfully allowed the switch to happen. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Cazza72 

More details are needed.  Did you activate a new line or port over a line from another carrier?  Does talk and data work?  

Do you use iPhone?  With iMessage, you need to have data or wifi on to receive messages.  

Cazza72

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Cazza72 wrote:

I signed up with Public almost a week ago. Not all the text messages being sent to me are arriving. 

@Cazza72 Welcome to PM. Is everything else about your service working properly? Is it SMS or MMS or both? Is a specific person or group that you are not receiving or is it intermittent?

Need Help? Let's chat.