cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving Paypal text messages

Laurelewalton
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi folks, 

I'm trying to get something done on my PayPal account but can't receive their text messages. Without getting too technical, what are my options? 

10 REPLIES 10

@Laurelewalton wrote:

I have already done the alternate verification route - those folks are the ones who told me that my provider blocks texts from PP. But, I will try again. 

How do they do that? Is it a phone call with a code?

@LaurelewaltonThere isn't much you can do we are all beholden to Telus. I would highly recommend you use a 2FA app for paypal since it is more secure, also independent of your phone number in case of SIMjacking..

Laurelewalton

I have not found a resolution to this situation. 

Laurelewalton

I have already done the alternate verification route - those folks are the ones who told me that my provider blocks texts from PP. But, I will try again. 

Laurelewalton

I will try that and let you know how it goes. Thanks! 

@Laurelewalton  You need to go on the PP site and try to login. There should be a link that will allow you to access your account using an alternate method. Once  you are able to  access your account try changing your security settings.

Laurelewalton

No, we've been with Public Mobile for 4 or 5 months at least. 

I don't know how to change the number as you suggest. 

@Laurelewalton  Did you recently port your number over to PM? Maybe try changing the number that is registered with PP to another temp number (spouse or other family member) and see if it works. If yes, then change back to your number.

Laurelewalton

I have done that. I'm at a loss as to what to do. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Laurelewalton  I can receive verification texts from PP without any issues. I would recommend that you access your PP account and redo the verification text setup.

Need Help? Let's chat.