cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not received SIM card

nidatz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I placed an order for the SIM card on 9 May and received a confirmation email. On the website, it said that I would receive the SIM card in 3-5 business day, however, it has been more than 5 business days now. Is there any way I can get an update on the purchase? 

49 REPLIES 49

ahmedanwar5295

I ordered it online from public mobile. 

What is CCS ?

@ahmedanwar5295 

If you ordered from pm you may want to consider this option and use the pm sim card when it arrives as a spare or use it to refer a friend.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-Get-one-month-of-service-for...

@ahmedanwar5295 

Did you order your sim card from public mobile? Or CCS?

@ahmedanwar5295   Many people reports that they received in 3 weeks.  However, I did have friends told me he got it quick, within a week.  So, it  varies.

If you are hoping to catch the current promotion, you might want to find a local kiosk  to help you to activate.. just in case.   Some Kiosk will actually give you the SIM for free if you activate with them.

ahmedanwar5295

Hey have you received you SIM card yet ?

I also ordered it on 17th May and now I am worried because of the late delivery. 

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

canadian cell phone supplies is where I had gotten it from, I believe it was like 2$ and came within 2-3 days.They ship from Ontario and I am in Quebec, I found it to be fairly fast (this was still during covid)

@nidatz  did you try local kiosk?? or you decide to wait ??

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BKNS27 wrote:

@nidatz 

Canadian Cell Supplies is located in North York, Ontario so it is close to you. They have the PM SIM on sale for $4.99.

I hope this helps.

During this pandemic when stores are closed, Canadian Cell Supplies is operating from home in Mississauga.  Details are on the website, so this may (or not) help.  🙂

@nidatz 

Canadian Cell Supplies is located in North York, Ontario so it is close to you. They have the PM SIM on sale for $4.99.

I hope this helps.

nidatz

I live in the Kitchener area. If a spare is possible, that would be amazing.

This is an issue when as @BKNS27 mentioned pm advertises that your sim card will arrive within a certain time period but instead is delayed by a couple of weeks. Pm needs to address what actually causes its shipping delays as other businesses shipping via Canada Post do not suffer similar delays (ie. CCS). See below for pm's latest shipping promises.

Screenshot_20210511-210350~2.png

... PM does not send SIM with tracking..  😞

If OP really want to get an update, best is to open a ticket with MOD  using the bubble:

Type: did not receive my sim card
Then click "Contact Us" , and then click "Click here to submit a ticket"

benfatto

@nidatz  Where do you live? A nearby member may have a spare SIM. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@nidatz wrote:

Hello, 

I placed an order for the SIM card on 9 May and received a confirmation email. On the website, it said that I would receive the SIM card in 3-5 business day, however, it has been more than 5 business days now. Is there any way I can get an update on the purchase? 

@nidatz try entering your order number in the Canada Post tracking system:

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/track-reperage/en#/home

If you do not see any result then there was no tracking attached to your shipment. Which is not surprising since SIM are usually sent letter post.

But worth a shot to check!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@nidatz 

I think PM will ship the SIM within 3 to 5 days then maybe up to 14 days for Canada Post’s snail mail. 😉

PM should change their ad for delivery time for SIM card purchases.

Like others have replied saying it will take up to 3 weeks to arrive.

BlueB

@nidatz 

Like others have said, it can take up to 3 weeks for it to physically arrive.  Shipments are being slower due to COVID to actually arrive.  Hang in there!  There are other local- or quicker options as mentioned already.  Canadian Cell Supplies has proven to be legitimate and reliable too.

I'm curious exactly what happens in the background.  I've had to send/receive mail and packages across Canada, and although it has been slower, it hasn't been this bad.  Where Canada Post's delivery standard is 4 days, I've had most things arrive in 5-6 business days.

Perhaps Public Mobile staff are working from home, processing these physical orders once every two weeks or something?  Can't wait for things to get back to normal!  🙂

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It can take up to three weeks for delivery.  If you need one asap then consider purchasing one from a local retailer. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

If you are in the GTA then you might consider ordering one from Canadian Cell Supplies.com

You could order one from Amazon and sign for prime for faster delivery.

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If it is shipped with canada post it is rather slow to begin with lol, with the added covid factor it will be even longer. 

I would maybe have considered ordering from amazon with prime or even other local stores. In fact I believe that you should still do this as it is a great idea to have a second sim as a backup in case you ever get frauded. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@nidatz  it is in fact 3 weeks ETA due to postal slowness.    😞

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Courier-Delays/m-p/647439#M48264

The post just mentioned about delay.  However, from member's responses, they usually receive around 3 weeks.

If you need one urgently for activation, you might want to check local stores like Walmart/Loblaws/London Drugs, they might give out SIM for free if you activate with them.

Need Help? Let's chat.