cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Not my Usage


@z10user4 wrote:

@KLK2A1 wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@KLK2A1 wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

 @KLK2A1

Your area code is known to be in SK?

Are you in SK?

Did you port a number or pick a new one?

If you dial your voicemail access number (4001) from another phone what do you get?

That's all the activity from renewal day?


I'm in Edmonton. I picked a new number. I don't have another phone right now to access voicemail. That's all the activity from initial activation.


If you're in AB then why do you appear to be using an SK voicemail #?


You're asking me?


Yup Smiley Happy Is the area code of your number a known AB area code or is it a new area code or is it from SK? Is your profile address from AB or SK?


My number's area code is 587. A known Alberta area code. My profile is all Alberta. As mentioned my post above, both a family member and friend - here in Edmonton, on Public Mobile plans - have the same Saskatchewan voicemail number listed in THEIR call logs.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Not my Usage


@KLK2A1 wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@KLK2A1 wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@KLK2A1 wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

 @KLK2A1

Your area code is known to be in SK?

Are you in SK?

Did you port a number or pick a new one?

If you dial your voicemail access number (4001) from another phone what do you get?

That's all the activity from renewal day?


I'm in Edmonton. I picked a new number. I don't have another phone right now to access voicemail. That's all the activity from initial activation.


If you're in AB then why do you appear to be using an SK voicemail #?


You're asking me?


Yup Smiley Happy Is the area code of your number a known AB area code or is it a new area code or is it from SK? Is your profile address from AB or SK?


My number's area code is 587. A known Alberta area code. My profile is all Alberta. As mentioned my post above, both a family member and friend - here in Edmonton, on Public Mobile plans - have the same Saskatchewan voicemail number listed in THEIR call logs.


Sorry I missed that factoid.

I tried the number too and indeed it gets to some kind of voicemail system.

While you do have Canada-wide calling...I wonder if changing the voicemail access number to 587-588-4002 would not cost you minutes out of the 50 minutes. Mine doesn't.

 

Edit: I'm in BC and the VAN goes to the my same area code.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Not my Usage


@z10user4 wrote:

@KLK2A1 wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@KLK2A1 wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@KLK2A1 wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

 @KLK2A1

Your area code is known to be in SK?

Are you in SK?

Did you port a number or pick a new one?

If you dial your voicemail access number (4001) from another phone what do you get?

That's all the activity from renewal day?


I'm in Edmonton. I picked a new number. I don't have another phone right now to access voicemail. That's all the activity from initial activation.


If you're in AB then why do you appear to be using an SK voicemail #?


You're asking me?


Yup Smiley Happy Is the area code of your number a known AB area code or is it a new area code or is it from SK? Is your profile address from AB or SK?


My number's area code is 587. A known Alberta area code. My profile is all Alberta. As mentioned my post above, both a family member and friend - here in Edmonton, on Public Mobile plans - have the same Saskatchewan voicemail number listed in THEIR call logs.


Sorry I missed that factoid.

I tried the number too and indeed it gets to some kind of voicemail system.

While you do have Canada-wide calling...I wonder if changing the voicemail access number to 587-588-4002 would not cost you minutes out of the 50 minutes. Mine doesn't.

 

Edit: I'm in BC and the VAN goes to the my same area code.


How do I change the voicemail access number?

Mayor / Maire

Re: Not my Usage


@KLK2A1 wrote:


How do I change the voicemail access number?


Somewhere down in your dialer should be some settings to do so. There's a code to "dial" that you can set it too. See how you make out with the settings and I'll try to find that code in a while.

Don't forget the 1 in front.

 

Edit: In your dialer as though you're dialing a call type: *61*15875884002*30#

This sets the no answer option to that number and to ring for the maximum 30 seconds before forwarding.

Then look at your overview count. Then call your cell number from another phone or have someone call you and let it go to voicemail and they can leave something brief if they like. Then not long afterwards look at your overview count again and see if it went up by 1.

 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Not my Usage

 


@z10user4 wrote:

@KLK2A1 wrote:


How do I change the voicemail access number?


Somewhere down in your dialer should be some settings to do so. There's a code to "dial" that you can set it too. See how you make out with the settings and I'll try to find that code in a while.

Don't forget the 1 in front.

 

Edit: In your dialer as though you're dialing a call type: *61*15875884002*30#

This sets the no answer option to that number and to ring for the maximum 30 seconds before forwarding.

Then look at your overview count. Then call your cell number from another phone or have someone call you and let it go to voicemail and they can leave something brief if they like. Then not long afterwards look at your overview count again and see if it went up by 1.

 

Okay, thanks for your help. Before I try that I'll just wait to hear back from the Mod about what actions to take.


 

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Not my Usage


@KLK2A1 wrote:

 


@z10user4 wrote:

@KLK2A1 wrote:


How do I change the voicemail access number?


Somewhere down in your dialer should be some settings to do so. There's a code to "dial" that you can set it too. See how you make out with the settings and I'll try to find that code in a while.

Don't forget the 1 in front.

 

Edit: In your dialer as though you're dialing a call type: *61*15875884002*30#

This sets the no answer option to that number and to ring for the maximum 30 seconds before forwarding.

Then look at your overview count. Then call your cell number from another phone or have someone call you and let it go to voicemail and they can leave something brief if they like. Then not long afterwards look at your overview count again and see if it went up by 1.

 

Okay, thanks for your help. Before I try that I'll just wait to hear back from the Mod about what actions to take.


 


What was the final result of this?