cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not impressed with service so far - hope it gets better

BC-Eddie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am coming from Koodo Monthly (assume K monthly is NOT prepaid).  I had read on this forum that porting a number from Koodo to Public M is a bit more complicated (not sure why) than from other providers.  I had read a moderator may need to be involved.

When I activated the SIMs (porting two phones/numbers) it had a link to contact PM with the phone numbers - which I did.

Yesterday I had three private messages from Moderators about the port but I am still in the dark as to what (if anything) is actually happening.

The reason I am confused is that I was told I would get a text when the porting was done and then I should turn my phone off and on.  

Now it only makes sense to me that this text will be sent to my old Koodo number (is this right?)

Or should I put the new PM SIM in my phone (which works now on the new PM phone number).  Wait for the text - then turn phone off and on? 

How long does it take for the port to complete?  If it is not completed in 48 hours what can I do to get some service?

4 REPLIES 4

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@BC-Eddie, it is porting from Koodo prepaid to Public Mobile that requires moderator team assistance.  Porting from Koodo post paid to Public Mobile is a self serve function.  The porting takes about 30 seconds.  If the port has been submitted, the Public Mobile service should be running with the ported number. 

With regard to the recommendation to power cycle the phone, some people stick their Public Mobile SIM card into the phone and then do the port.  In this case, the power cycling is so that the network can issue the updated number information to the phone.  Otherwise the phone is operating on a stale connection with old data. 

MJN
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You would know the number has been ported. Your phone will not work if you has Koodo sim in your phone once it ported.

It felt a little uncomfortable when you first started with PM because you cannot talk to someone face to face. I felt the same way when I first started with PM 3 years ago, but things go well after the number has been ported and the reception signal is excellent with good pricing.

If you have any problem just contact the Mod_team with your account details, such as phone #, pin # and user name/email address.

I hope you could enjoy your phone from now onward.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Put your new PM sim card in your phone, cyle phone on / off. Hopefully you'll be in business.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When the port is complete, you should expect a text message to be sent to your phone number through the new Public Mobile SIM card, not your old Koodo SIM.  Because once the port is complete, the Koodo SIM will be nonfunctional.

What I would recommend is to keep your Koodo SIM in your phone until it stops working.  Once that happens, put the new Public Mobile SIM in your phone and see if it works.

Need Help? Let's chat.