cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting incoming calls

amit121
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I ported my no to public mobile yesterday, it's been more than 24 hrs. I am still not getting incoming calls. I can make outgoing calls though.

3 REPLIES 3

@amit121 

You need to contact the moderators to complete your port. This will not be able to be done until after 8am et. Monday morning. I suggest you use the pfivate message option as you can include more information with your message than using the simple Simon method. I find no real difference in response time....

In the subject line type in: incomplete port. In the private message along with a description of your issue include the following information:

1. Full name, address, email and pin # on your pm account.
  2. Include at least one more of the following  identifiers : dob, alternate ph# if any, plan amount, date paid, method, last 4 digits of card, security question and answer.
  3. Include the phone # being ported in, the provider, account # and the name on that account.

This way the moderator will have all of the information in order to identify you as the pm account holder as well as the info required to complete your port without having to contact you ahead of time. This helps immensely if you live in the central, mountain or pacific time zones and may still be sleeping.....you might have all your services working by the time you wake up. Reboot your phone as soon as you wake up....to check your services and check your private message box.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@amit121 if it was from another cell provider, then your port is probably stuck. Contact a moderator and explain your situation. Tell them its a stuck port. If it was from a landline or voip provider then it can take up to 7 days. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM .

@amit121 wrote:

Hi, I ported my no to public mobile yesterday, it's been more than 24 hrs. I am still not getting incoming calls. I can make outgoing calls though.

If you're porting from another mobile carrier, the porting has failed.  Please visit https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat and open a ticket by typing in "port request".  You should still be able to receive calls for now on your old carrier's service.

For porting from another mobile carrier, make sure that you provide to Public Mobile your old carrier's account number, or in the case of Speakout/Petro-Canada, the IMEI of the last device that you used at the old carrier.

Need Help? Let's chat.