cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting incoming calls

Edward09
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently purchased on new Public Mobile SIM card. I'm able to make outgoing calls however I am not receiving any calls, in fact the call is routed to some other number. Kindly assist

8 REPLIES 8

Bruna

I am not getting calls in or out I am paying says I have no service

@Edward09 wrote:

How do I change through the self serve website. And will I again be charged for the sim card 

Phone number change does not require a new sim card.  It is done at selfserve.publicmobile ca under Plans And Add-Ons and then in Change Phone Number.

Edward09

How do I change through the self serve website. And will I again be charged for the sim card 

@Edward09 wrote:

No I'm not porting my number. This is a new number which I got.

If you haven't enabled call forwarding, then I suspect that the Public Mobile computer assigned you someone else's phone number by mistake.  If that happened, the only resolution would be to change your phone number. This can be accomplished through the self-serve website.

Edward09

No I'm not porting my number. This is a new number which I got.

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Edward09  Are you in the process of porting a number from another company? If so, it's normal that until the port is completed, you can make calls and texts from an activated SIM, but calls to your old number will go to the Sim card you were using before - until that company releases your phone number to Public Mobile. 

It can take a few hours for a port from a celluar company, to a few days (depending on whih company it is).  If it's a port from VOIP or landline, it can take up to 7 days. You will get a text from public mobile once the port is complete. Did this happen to you? 

If you say the call is routed to another number, do you mean like it's call forwarded to another number? 

Contact a moderator through this link to report your problem. Please note it takes aproximately 48 hours to get a reply. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Edward09 wrote:

I recently purchased on new Public Mobile SIM card. I'm able to make outgoing calls however I am not receiving any calls, in fact the call is routed to some other number. Kindly assist

Does someone else answer?  In some rare cases, Public Mobile has assigned phone numbers by mistake that are already in use.

Are you trying to port a phone number in from another carrier?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Edward09 wrote:

@Edward09  That might be a result of your phone's settings. If you have access to another phone try inserting your PM sim and test to see if you can receive incoming calls. If it works then, it's your phone call forwarding settings.

Need Help? Let's chat.