cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting incoming calls. It's been 3 days

Wahidmehboob1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I switched to pm a few days ago. I transferred my old number which was out of service with my old network provider bell. Everything seems to be working fine apart from incoming calls. The message which I get is that this number is out of service for the incoming calls. But everything else works fine. Please help.

14 REPLIES 14

@ohitora wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@ohitora wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

You need to contact bell to reactivate your line.  Porting can only be done from active lines.

Aaaaaaa now I know why I wasn't able to port my Bell line to PM.  With regards to re-activating the Bell number in order to port -- it would cost $$$$ at least one months Bell plan fees.

If the account is post paid, you could reactivate your account and would only be billed for the days you use.  So you would get a pro-rated bill.  Now this is only if post paid if pre-paid you would be out your cost to reactivate your line

Thank you for advise -- however even though I hate to disagree, but  from my experience, Bell prepaid does not charge by the day. For example if you terminate your account mid  30 day term you would not get any refund. I would be interested to know if I would terminate my PM plan early would I be entitled to receive my account balance and also the un-used add ons and time?

Is this a troll post or you didn't bother reading? 

@ohitora wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

You need to contact bell to reactivate your line.  Porting can only be done from active lines.

Aaaaaaa now I know why I wasn't able to port my Bell line to PM.  With regards to re-activating the Bell number in order to port -- it would cost $$$$ at least one months Bell plan fees.

Is it possible to ask them to switch you on the cheapest possible post paid plan just so you meet porting eligibility. 

@ohitora wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@ohitora wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

If the account is post paid, you could reactivate your account and would only be billed for the days you use.  So you would get a pro-rated bill.  Now this is only if post paid if pre-paid you would be out your cost to reactivate your line

Thank you for advise -- however even though I hate to disagree, but  from my experience, Bell prepaid does not charge by the day. For example if you terminate your account mid  30 day term you would not get any refund. I would be interested to know if I would terminate my PM plan early would I be entitled to receive my account balance and also the un-used add ons and time?

I think you need to re-read my post I said if it was postpaid they can prorate your bill but if it is prepaid you would be out the money it cost you to activate the line.  if you were to close your PM account early you would not be given back any of your unused portion of your plan nor would you get any of your unused add-ons back. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ohitora re-read @ShawnC13's post--he's literally saying the same thing.  Refunds apply only to post-paid, not to pre-paid.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ohitora
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@ohitora wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

Wahidmehboob1

Ok thats then what I will do and see what happens. Thanks for the advice.

@Wahidmehboob1 wrote:

Oh OK.  But my out going calls work and messages and data is all working. It's just the incoming calls. Do I need to call bell  mobile to solve this issue. Thanks

Outgoing communications are no indication of number port status.  These work immediately, even before a phone number has been transfered.  If your phone number was inactive when you made the request to trnasfer it to Public Mobile, you must have Bell first reactivate it.

Wahidmehboob1

Oh OK.  But my out going calls work and messages and data is all working. It's just the incoming calls. Do I need to call bell  mobile to solve this issue. Thanks

srlawren

@ShawnC13 @mimmo they might charge an activation/reactivation fee, however, which is not pro-rated upon cancellation.  EDIT:  that said, @Wahidmehboob1 if you need to retain your phone number from Bell, this is what you will have to do.  And for future reference, your account MUST be active and in good standing in order to port out a phone number.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@ohitora wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo

If it's bell post paid then you should only get charged for a day or two plus sim cost.

If the number is not important to keep the number the n try another number change.

ohitora
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@mimmo wrote:

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

When did you port the number in, sometimes it takes many hours to days depends on situation.  

mimmo

Need Help? Let's chat.