cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting calls or able to make calls

dhippern
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hopefully this is where you do this.

Not getting calls on my phone or they are going straight to voice mail.  Have people complaining they can't get a hold of me. Outgoing Calls/text messages also not going through.

This is a  new account (about a month old) and ported (whatever that means lol)

Any help or why this is happening?

Thanks!

17 REPLIES 17

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dhippern wrote:

Not getting calls on my phone or they are going straight to voice mail.  Have people complaining they can't get a hold of me. Outgoing Calls/text messages also not going through.

Thanks!

@dhippern  Hi I'm hoping you've solved the issue but just in case. Your sons phone was working but now not. First reboot the phone. If no joy do as suggested.....turn airplane mode on for 10 minutes and off again. Reboot phone. Working? It is an iPhone so there are a couple of other issues that could be at hand...does it need an update? This is where @iPhoneUser  or @CalgaryBen can help out because they use iPhones and know more than us Android users.

Otherwise you need to contact a moderator to help if it's an account problem. Click on the (?)At the bottom right of your screen and submit a ticket via Simon explaining your issue to the moderators. Type in human or rep and choose the  prompts that best explains the problem until you can submit your ticket. Keep an eye on your private message box at the top right corner of your screen for a little number will pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up your service times. Hope this helps.

Thanks @CannonFodder i just did it

That's it i'm not inviting my autocorrect for my bd party

@dhippern 

Also can you temporarily put his sim in your phone

This way you will know if the phone is the problem or the service

Hope it helps

Did it work on his phone before?

Maybe it's locked to previous provider

You can contact the manufacturer of the phone they must give you the unlock key.

You will have this problem with most if other providers

What kind if phone is it?

dhippern

Thanks Maire. I will try that 🙂

dhippern

Ok too complcated for me. I think I will just go in and get a new provider. So it is not ported because this is first time cell phones for me and my son. Also since the payments are suppose to just come out each month there should be no issues and my phone is fine but my sons is not. Same plan same everything EXCEPT the type of phone.

Thanks so your help and all your replies!

@dhippern...tell son to put phone in "Airplane Mode" ...after 10 minutes tell him to toggle "Airplane Mode" and cycle phone off / on. Let us know if anything helps.

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dhippern  I assume you have checked the simple things first such as: not having put your phone into airplane mode? Either that your account failed to renewal b/c of non-payment?

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@dhippern wrote:

First of all, "ported" means that your old phone number, from a previous provider, was "ported" over to PM, so you didn't have to get a new number.

As for what's going on, you need to provide more info, as people have asked. You said your account is "about a month old", which COULD mean that you need to renew(pay) for the next month. You also didn't say how long this issue has been going on, i.e. has it been happening since you joined PM, or has it been happening for just the last couple of days?

dhippern

Apparent;y Jan 11 but did get a meassage saying payment is due Jan 1st. It automaticly comes off a card. I have two phones under my name same payment dates, same plans unlimited Calling/text no data. Mine works fine. My son's iphone is the one having this problem. Plans are active because they were both working now my son's will not.

I was told to mention This is a new account (about a month old) and ported (whatever that means lol)

@dhippern wrote:

It is unlimited with no data on the plan

So did you check to see if the plan is Active or something else ? When is renewal date ?

dhippern

It is unlimited with no data on the plan

@kselmak wrote:

If you are on unlimited plan and your status is active you should counteract moderators

If you failed to renew due to autopay failure, please locate reactivate button make a payment and restart your phone

If that fails try adding one more dollar and restart

If you still can't use your service counteract the moderators

Sorry to be the grammar Nazi here, but since you used it twice in the same post, I couldn't help myself..... I believe the word you were looking for, is "contact". 👍 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If you are on unlimited plan and your status is active you should counteract moderators

If you failed to renew due to autopay failure, please locate reactivate button make a payment and restart your phone

If that fails try adding one more dollar and restart

If you still can't use your service contact the moderators

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Do you have data on your plan?

Is it working?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Can you login to your account and check your status

Do you have any minutes left are you on the metered plan?

Incoming text?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@dhippern wrote:

Thanks!

When is your plan renewal date ?

Need Help? Let's chat.