cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting any call

Nazmul
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I have transferred from Fido to Public mob yesterday. Now I can only call others, but cannot get any call. How can I fix it. Thank you

13 REPLIES 13

@Nazmul wrote:

My problem has resolved. Now I can get calls.

Thanks 

Hi @Nazmul so nice to hear that your problem is resolved.  

It would be nice if you go to the reply that helped you the most and click ‘Accept as Solution’ on the response. It helps people find answers more quickly and communicates your appreciation to the people who helped you.  Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Public Mobile

RosieR

Nazmul

My problem has resolved. Now I can get calls.

Thanks 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Nazmul 

Call the porting line which deals with failed ports.

The porting helpline is 1-x.  (NOTE -- It's not available for any other account related inquiries.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nazmul : user computergeek541 has supplied that earlier. Put your Fido SIM back in. Incoming will work fine. Then eventually you'll get the confirmation. Confirm. When the Fido SIM stops working then put in the new SIM and you should be good to go.

@Nazmul wrote:

@Anonymous : Fido just told me I have to request Public mob to send Fido a transfer request. Then Fido will send me msg to accept the transfer. How can send request to Public mob to send the transfer req to fido?

Thanks

Please folow the instructions provided earlier to open a ticket.

@bolobao wrote:

If you've waited 2+ hours and restarting your phone does not work, there's a chance the port might have failed.

Moderater_Team can help you with submitting another porting request: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You can try to see if the people who you are calling/texting can note what number they're seeing from you, or if their calls to you are still going to your old provider voicemail.

Whenever possible, customers should be using SIMon to submit tickets. Using the method that you have provided will result in the customer receiving slower service.  

When it comes to the number that shows on the call display when a call is made, this would be the ported number. Public Mobile assigns the requested phone number to the Public Mobile account before porting has even completed.

Nazmul

@Anonymous : Fido just told me I have to request Public mob to send Fido a transfer request. Then Fido will send me msg to accept the transfer. How can send request to Public mob to send the transfer req to fido?

Thanks

bolobao
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you've waited 2+ hours and restarting your phone does not work, there's a chance the port might have failed.

Moderater_Team can help you with submitting another porting request: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

EDIT: As computergeek541 has noted, try the SIMon chat bot before resorting to Moderator_Team. 

You can try to see if the people who you are calling/texting can note what number they're seeing from you, or if their calls to you are still going to your old provider voicemail.

@Nazmul you need the old Fido SIM card in your phone to confirm the porting of your number from Fido.

Once you confirmed then install the PM SIM and reboot the phone.

Maybe contact the PM mediator to help with the porting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nazmul wrote:

@Anonymous : I didn't get any conformation from Fido. I restarted my phone.

Thanks

Carriers are supposed to send you a confirmation text when you request a transfer at a new carrier.

Nazmul

@Anonymous : I didn't get any conformation from Fido. I restarted my phone.

Thanks

@Nazmul wrote:

Hello, I have transferred from Fido to Public mob yesterday. Now I can only call others, but cannot get any call. How can I fix it. Thank you

Number porting has failed. You'll need to ask moderators to fix this. Open a ticket by going to:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Keep using your Fido SIM card as your phone calls are likely still going there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nazmul : Did you leave your Fido SIM in to wait for the transfer confirmation? Have you restarted the phone after that with the new SIM in?

Need Help? Let's chat.