Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Not getting 4G

Signed up and paid for.

So tested it out for nearly 2 weeks and I am always on 3G with 4 bars.

If I manually connect and register to the 4G service, I get connected with 0-2 bars.

Mostly with 0 bars which after time it drops back to the 3G service.

As far as I can tell from experimenting, the 4G service is so weak, that it falls back to the much stronger 3G service all the time.  So I have to conclude I am paying extra for something I can't use because of the poor quality.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you try a factory reset? If so, please remember to back your phone up. If that doesn't work, I think the issue may be your phone or sim card. You may want to try a different unlocked phone and see what happens. You can try this first before doing the factory reset if you would like. Good luck.

I find it hard to think it's the phone when I had 4G with both Koodo and Virgin with no issues.

I'll test another phone next week when I am back in Ottawa.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This may sound crazy but it might be your sim chip. I have 2 s7 edge phones on lte. One of the sim chips always has 1 but most times 2 bars less than the other chip no matter which phone I put it in. Both side by side at the same time too.

So tried my other phone and my god sons phone and on start up, I get 4G at 2 bars for a very short period of time when it drops to 0 bars.  And after time it kicks me back to 3G at 4 bars.

The assumption I can only make is that I am unable to use 4G service as it's too weak.

So how do I go about downgrading my service which I have already paid for and not receiving?

Did another little test today and restarted my phone while I was over in Gatineau, and I got 4G at 3 bars the entire time I was over there. Approx. 30+ mins. Crossed the bridge back into Ottawa, and it dropped to 0 bars shortly after and then dropped to 3G the rest of the day. So if it appears to be working in Gatineau, and dies in Ottawa, I have to place the blame on Telus and their **bleep**ty non existant 4G service in the Ottawa area.