cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not connecting

nsbil
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have just purchased a new phone and signed up for Public Mobile.   It has been a couple of hours but the phone has not yet connected to get any service other than internet.   I used a sim card I bought maybe two months ago, when I was first going to join, so maybe it is out of date, though no message came up when I activated it.   The other possibility maybe is that the phone I just got is a Maxwest Nitro 55R...    It said on the website describing the phone that it would work on PM, but it does not appear on the list of phones.  There is a Nitro 55N on there, so I was hoping that this one would work...   

6 REPLIES 6

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

Since this thread is marked as "Solved", I assume that the issue was that the SIM was in the wrong slot?

In case it's still an issue, I suggest the OP reads this:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Don-t-buy-maxwest-phones-such-as-nitr... 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@nsbil wrote:

I have just purchased a new phone and signed up for Public Mobile.   It has been a couple of hours but the phone has not yet connected to get any service other than internet.   I used a sim card I bought maybe two months ago, when I was first going to join, so maybe it is out of date, though no message came up when I activated it.   The other possibility maybe is that the phone I just got is a Maxwest Nitro 55R...    It said on the website describing the phone that it would work on PM, but it does not appear on the list of phones.  There is a Nitro 55N on there, so I was hoping that this one would work...   

If sim doesn't work in slot 1, try slot 2. Can you try other phone, like your friend's/family member, just to check whether or not the sim is ok? If it didn't help, and you live close to PM shop, you can go there and ask a seller for help.

derksen_13

I see that phone supports dual sim cards. Have you tried the sim card in the other postion? Some phones also have the options to select which sim card you want to do which function so it may be set for example sim one do only data, sim 2 text and calls.

nsbil

I did select and pay for a plan...     I see now that the phone says there is  no sim card detected...   Does that mean it is inserted wrongly, or can it mean the card did not activate.  I did go through that step but maybe I entered the number wrong..   Can I go back and do that step again?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@nsbil wrote:

Did you ever activate that sim card and select a plan ? Look up at top of page...Get Started for guidance.

Need Help? Let's chat.