cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not connecting to mobile data

Xsane
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I've jsut transfered to public over from Fizz.

had so many recurring issues with fizz that wouldnt get fixed so i switched.

so i activated the new plan, i got confirmation the number transfered from fizz over to public.

calls are working just fine, i haven't tried texting yet (was a big issue with fizz).

i try connecting to data and nothing happens. i went and checked my APN settings and by default i have koodo and telus that were imported by the network.

for some reason i am not able to add public's own APN settings. could that be the issue?

phone is: ASUS ROG Phone ZS600KL

5 REPLIES 5

@Xsane wrote:

Ye i popped in the fizz sim card and added the APN settings. they didn't show up on the saved apn list after i did though so i closed the phone in defeat and rebooted with PM sim card.

well low and behold. PM apn settings appeared to have carried on and were in the list and it let me select them.

i am now a man with access to data. thanks folks

@Xsane  Thanks for the update, so I guess Fizz card also work and we can add them to the list. Smiley Happy

Xsane
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ye i popped in the fizz sim card and added the APN settings. they didn't show up on the saved apn list after i did though so i closed the phone in defeat and rebooted with PM sim card.

well low and behold. PM apn settings appeared to have carried on and were in the list and it let me select them.

i am now a man with access to data. thanks folks

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The problem mentioned earlier about android 8.1 has to do with the add APN function being disabled.  This external link discusses the workaround.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/solved-fido-apn-miui-10-cant-add-apn-2239645/

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Xsane wrote:

Hi,

so i activated the new plan, i got confirmation the number transfered from fizz over to public.

calls are working just fine, i haven't tried texting yet (was a big issue with fizz).

i try connecting to data and nothing happens. i went and checked my APN settings and by default i have koodo and telus that were imported by the network.

for some reason i am not able to add public's own APN settings. could that be the issue?

@Xsane  Yes that is definitely the issue. Are you running Android 8.1 by any chance? Many others have reported that running that version of Android on Asus does not allow you to add APN entries. The fix is to use a freedom or roam.com sim to add the APN or sideload an app to do it. SInce you have the Fizz card maybe try adding the PM APN usin your old sim card.

@Xsane wrote:

Hi,

Yes, that is the issue.  Telus and Koodo APN settings will not work.

For reference, here are some guideline settings.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

Is your phone running Android 8.1?  If it is, you'll have to find a work around to get those settings added as some Asus models reportedly have that ability blocked out.

Need Help? Let's chat.