cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not allowed to make a Provincial Call

morganandre
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have provincial plan and I tried to make a call to a provincial number and it said that I needed an Add-on.  Please help

11 REPLIES 11

Agreed, a big obvious "click here to get our attention" button somewhere near the text box would be a great time-saving frustration-preventing bucket of awesome sauce.

Can't say "contact us" or "send a message" ... too corporate, too ignorable by people who want problems solved and questions answered RIGHT NOW.

@CS_Agentwrote:

Hi morganandre,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

In order to assist you, please send us a private message.

Cheers

Abdoulaye

@CS_Agent, Abdoulaye

Can you PLEASE remember to include the according link in your posts?

There is usually a reason that people are posting here instead of contacting you directly... In 2018 it shouldn't be a big deal to include that contact link for the customer's convenience, saving them the additional frustration of searching for it (not everybody is totally familiar with this specific forum software).

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@mimmowrote:

silly question are you by chance near a provincial border? and thus conneting to a tower ina different province?

I'm near Chilliwack, BC.

Roughly 35km from USA border.  Very far from Alberta.  Very, very far from Yukon.

Civic_E
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try put + infront of 1...so +1-506-xxx-xxxx

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

silly question are you by chance near a provincial border? and thus conneting to a tower ina different province?  a thought probably not the case, but i thought i would throw it out there.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi morganandre,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

In order to assist you, please send us a private message.

Cheers

Abdoulaye

morganandre

Thank you for your reply and help.  I tried dialing the 1 and area code before the number.  I sent a message to the moderator to see what is happening.

@will13amwrote:

Have you added 1 in front of the 10 digit phone number.

I have this issue with a few numbers.  Coworkers, definitely same province and country.

I have Province-wide talk.  These coworkers are always on Rogers, Fido (Rogers), or Chatr (Rogers), no issue with phones on Telus of Bell networks.  But this might only indicate that there's some deficiency with my local Rogers and/or Telus networks, not a deficiency with any particular carrier nor with all networks nationwide.

If these numbers (on my caller ID) are 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx and I dial only xxx-xxx-xxxx then some bland computer voice informs me I can't dial "long distance" without long distance service.  Sometimes people call me, only xxx-xxx-xxxx is displayed on my caller ID, and later in the day (when one or both of us has moved to some other tower/service area) I encounter this "long distance" issue when calling them back - I have to manually dial/edit the number as 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx to place the call, even though xxx-xxx-xxxx worked fine when calling them before.

@morganandrewrote:

I do believe I tried it with 1 506.  Thank you for your help.

Then there is definitely a profiling issue with your account.  Apparently, when you select a particular area code for your phone number, the system is supposed to enable calling access to all associated area codes for the province.  Sometimes, the mapping breaks and you can lose calling access to certain area codes that should qualify.  The moderator team should be able to fix that quite easily.  They should be in shortly.  Send the private message now and have it in front of the queue.

morganandre

I do believe I tried it with 1 506.  Thank you for your help.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@morganandre, from time to time, there have been reports of this particular issue.  Have you added 1 in front of the 10 digit phone number.  If that does not resolve the issue, then you will need to private message the moderator team so that they can make the necessary fixes to your account.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Need Help? Let's chat.