cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not activated

8hrs after activation from Koodo to Public moblie. Still no sign of network. Not even activation message sent. How long should i wait??

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Not activated

I assume you have activated via activate.publicmobile.ca? If so, and I assumed you have reset your device etc only contact the moderators would help you via this link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

However expect they will get back to you within 48+ hours.. as they don't work 24/7. Do note you are actually downgrading in terms of service from Koodo to Public Mobile, longer customer service response will be one of the things you will need to get used to.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I assume you have activated via activate.publicmobile.ca? If so, and I assumed you have reset your device etc only contact the moderators would help you via this link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

However expect they will get back to you within 48+ hours.. as they don't work 24/7. Do note you are actually downgrading in terms of service from Koodo to Public Mobile, longer customer service response will be one of the things you will need to get used to.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

OMG😭😭😭🙄 WHAT HAVE IBGOTTEN MYSELF TO

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@elixlolor wrote:

8hrs after activation from Koodo to Public moblie. Still no sign of network. Not even activation message sent. How long should i wait??

Activation is supposed to be immediate, although number porting usually takes a short amount of time. I suspect that service might not have been properly provisioned by the activation system.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Yeah, it's time to email a moderator. Put in your old sim. If your port hasn't completed and your account is still active (which is has to be to port), your phone should still work with your last carrier. 

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@elixlolor wrote:

Was your Koodo account pre-paid? Apparently Koodo pre-paid shares a database with Public Mobile so if you used the same email address for both carriers it can cause issues.

Is your Public Mobile self serve account functioning?

Highlighted

Same email i used with  PM Before moving to Koodo because  i started with public mobile. N now i changed back to Public mobile again.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@elixlolor   there's the problem,  you can't use the same email on public mobile!   You'll have to use a different one, or if it's a Gmail address you can always add a + and put new or something else at the end of your email name and that will work too

Highlighted

The Koodo rep that changed it never mentioned anything like that to me. I did it at d Koodo office in Brampton. She did the registration herself. Same place i got the public mobile changed to Koodo the first time. Changing from PM to Koodo did not stress me like this so why is moving from Koodo to public moblie now so problematic. Besides, if PM is not useable and if they cannot manage it well then it should be swipt out of Canada moblie network. 🙄 cos it does not make sense keeping someone without a network for more than 24hrs talkmore of 48hrs. We are not in the zoo this is Canada n they should act accordinly.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@elixlolor   was your credit card charged?