cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not activated

elixlolor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

8hrs after activation from Koodo to Public moblie. Still no sign of network. Not even activation message sent. How long should i wait??

29 REPLIES 29

elixlolor

The first guy/person i got my PM from from dat same Brampton store was so nice n helpful. But he relocated to Montreal or so with his wife. But this new girl is so impatient n nt polite.

I thought they'd be more helpful. Thought they might even try to get you back by offering even better service and pointing it out. But I guess it depends on who you get, and how they are feeling that day.

They certainly could have told you how to keep your account open, or whether or not they received a port request for you, or like I say, try to offer you a deal to get you back.

Sorry!

elixlolor

The lady said she cannot do anything if it concerns Public mobile. She said her own job was to help me change from Koodo to Public mobile and she said if i am not able to get into the network there is nothing she can do. She even made some calls and the other person told her i should go wait and for how long they don't know.

Koodo may also be able to tell you if it's something you don't have to worry about.

elixlolor

Thank you

@elixlolor wrote:

Yesterday was the last day for my Koodo plan. If i kept it to this day n they send me new data for the month i have to use it n pay for it. Besides i already paid for this yesterday n i don't want to waste money

I have to admit I'm no expert in porting from Koodo prepaid or post paid, but I see this as potentially problematic for you.

I've read the whole thread and I even went to Koodo s support site and if I could give you the answer I would...

But, I'm worried that your service is expired. Your account has to be open to port your number from most carriers. Since it's Koodo, I'm sure it will still happen for you. But I would call Koodo and see if there is a way to keep your account open until the @CS_Agent completes your port. I'm not trying to tell you what to do, just what I would do with my limited knowledge of your old carrier.

elixlolor

Yesterday was the last day for my Koodo plan. If i kept it to this day n they send me new data for the month i have to use it n pay for it. Besides i already paid for this yesterday n i don't want to waste money

Did you try using your old Koodo sim? If it works, you can use it until the @CS_Agent gets back to you.

Ok,  wait time could be 48 hours 

elixlolor

I already sent them  a message. 

Your gonna have to send a message to the Moderator_Team and ask for help!  I don't know why it worked so you got the 4 digit account pin and now it doesn't 

elixlolor

No!! I cannot call/recieve calls. I am chatting with wifi

So right now if you have your public mobile Sim in the phone does anything work?  

elixlolor

My phone was switched off throughout d night. D old sim is out already n i fixed d new sim too. The rep asked if i want a new number of to maintain my old number . I told her i still want to maintain my old number bcos that s d number i started with here from PM. I have switched to FREEDOM MOBILE there was no stress, i switched to Koodo still no stress now switching back to Public mobile is now d problem. Thou she already took me out from Koodo but why is it not activated n start working since yesterday?

@elixlolor  did you try restarting your phone and making sure the Sim card is properly in the tray?   Also did you port your old number in the activation or pick a new one?  If you ported a number try your old Sim card in your phone to see if that one still works! 

elixlolor

I was charged for both the sim card and the plan

elixlolor

Yes it was in d text but i got d welcome email on my mail box

elixlolor

Yes. My debit card was charged

Usually the pin comes in a text not an email 

elixlolor

Besides that i got an email on my mail box from PUBLIC MOBILE stating i am welcome to public moblie n thanks for joining them. With a pin code. After that no other meesages came from them since yesterday 

@elixlolor   was your credit card charged?  

elixlolor

The Koodo rep that changed it never mentioned anything like that to me. I did it at d Koodo office in Brampton. She did the registration herself. Same place i got the public mobile changed to Koodo the first time. Changing from PM to Koodo did not stress me like this so why is moving from Koodo to public moblie now so problematic. Besides, if PM is not useable and if they cannot manage it well then it should be swipt out of Canada moblie network. 🙄 cos it does not make sense keeping someone without a network for more than 24hrs talkmore of 48hrs. We are not in the zoo this is Canada n they should act accordinly.

@elixlolor   there's the problem,  you can't use the same email on public mobile!   You'll have to use a different one, or if it's a Gmail address you can always add a + and put new or something else at the end of your email name and that will work too

elixlolor

Same email i used with  PM Before moving to Koodo because  i started with public mobile. N now i changed back to Public mobile again.

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@elixlolor wrote:

8hrs after activation from Koodo to Public moblie. Still no sign of network. Not even activation message sent. How long should i wait??

Was your Koodo account pre-paid? Apparently Koodo pre-paid shares a database with Public Mobile so if you used the same email address for both carriers it can cause issues.

Is your Public Mobile self serve account functioning?

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Yeah, it's time to email a moderator. Put in your old sim. If your port hasn't completed and your account is still active (which is has to be to port), your phone should still work with your last carrier. 

@elixlolor wrote:

Activation is supposed to be immediate, although number porting usually takes a short amount of time. I suspect that service might not have been properly provisioned by the activation system.

elixlolor

OMG😭😭😭🙄 WHAT HAVE IBGOTTEN MYSELF TO

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

I assume you have activated via activate.publicmobile.ca? If so, and I assumed you have reset your device etc only contact the moderators would help you via this link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

However expect they will get back to you within 48+ hours.. as they don't work 24/7. Do note you are actually downgrading in terms of service from Koodo to Public Mobile, longer customer service response will be one of the things you will need to get used to.

Need Help? Let's chat.