cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to sign in

bubbles11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

Please help - not able to sign in and retrieve password for my mom - she can not access her account. Need help to reset password so she can order a new SIM card. 

Thank you

18 REPLIES 18

bubbles11

Thank you @NeilCampbell3                       @Anonymous @will13am @cappaj @Luddite @wetcoaster  for all your prompt assistance and feedback - I am in touch with moderator and will have a resolution soon! Again - thank you ALL! Much apprecaited! Best 🙂 

bubbles11

Thank you for feedback @Luddite - she would prefer to keep her current phone number - I have reached out to moderator and hoping for a resolution for her soon! Thank you! 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@bubbles11 If this is an "emergency" $10 service phone and she is willing to use a new phone number, consider opening a new account giving your number as the referral. You will both get $25 referral credit plus $1/30 days for you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

bubbles11

Hi @wetcoaster - Thank you. Yes, the current SIM she has is older version and indeed does not find into the new phone she would like to put SIM into - tried it many many times - and was told she needs the new SIM as current SIM size does not work at all. I am in conversation with moderator now - given we were not able to access her account and reset option for password is broken. Thank you for the feedback. 

@bubbles11 wrote:

Thank you @Anonymous yes indeed - I was told if we order new SIM for her - she will lose the currentt phone number - as to why trying to access her account. Are you saying - we just purchase new SIM and create a new account? 

Thank you! 

@bubbles11

First a question: Do you actually need a new SIM card? Have a look at the current one and see if you can take a rim off to fit in the new phone. It's been several years now that SIMs are 3-in-1 (standard, micro and nano, you punch out the one you need). You could also try cutting a single size to the size required.

Second, if you do need to replace the SIM, do not create a new account. login to the existing self serve account for the number (following all the advice already given) and change the SIM number under the according tab.

bubbles11

Hello @Luddite indeed I did create account for community in order for me to reach out and get help for her question - issue is we can not access her account as not able to sign in (also advise the reset password is broken) - I have sent email to moderator - hoping for a resolution for her issue soon! Hopefully they view private messages in good time frame.

Thank you! 

@bubbles11 If you are managing her account consider changing the account email address to one that you receive. I am doing that for my sister. An alias to your email address is fine.

You could also create a separate Community id linked to the new email address and use it if needed to message moderators about her account.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

bubbles11

Thank you @Anonymous yes indeed - I was told if we order new SIM for her - she will lose the currentt phone number - as to why trying to access her account. Are you saying - we just purchase new SIM and create a new account? 

Thank you! 

bubbles11

Thank you @Anonymous - yes indeed - I was told if we order new SIM for her - she will lose the currentt phone number - as to why trying to access her account. Are you saying - we just purchase new SIM and create a new account? 

Thank you! 

bubbles11

Thank you @cappaj - I am in middle of sending over to the Moderator Team - hopefully a resolution soon! 

Many Thanks! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bubbles11 wrote:

Thank you @Anonymous - we tried the reset password, but it does not seem to recogonize her email to reset - so not able. If we purchase a new SIM then it will change her phone number (we were told). Any other suggestions - all she wants to do is get new SIM to put into a new phone to change. 

Thank you! 

@bubbles11, Changing the SIM on an account does not change the phone number.  Someone seems to have given you false information.

bubbles11

Thank you @will13am - much apprecaited letting me know - as we tried many times - one would not know it is broken -  hopefully they fix this for others as well! I will go ahead and sent this off right away - hopefully able to get a resolution for my mom to access her account! Thank you again! 

Thank you! 

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If password resest didn't work, then send a private message to Moderator_Team with the account number, phone number, name, PIN, etc. - as much detail as you can so they can resolve it for you as quickly as possible.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@bubbles11, the reset password function is broken.  You will need moderator team assistance to reset the password.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

bubbles11

Thank you @NeilCampbell3 - yes - I have tried this for her - numerous times - it is not taking the email address we are trying to apply for reseting the password - have tried many times and not has locked her out. If we order a new SIM I was told she losses her old number! Trying to see any other option - issue is the reset option not working as not recognizing the email for her. 

Thanks! 

bubbles11

Thank you @Anonymous - we tried the reset password, but it does not seem to recogonize her email to reset - so not able. If we purchase a new SIM then it will change her phone number (we were told). Any other suggestions - all she wants to do is get new SIM to put into a new phone to change. 

Thank you! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @bubbles11.  Have you tried the reset password feature?  It should allow you to get the password reset. Also, if you need a new SIM, you can purchase one at a retailer like London Drugs, WOW mobile, Walmart, and a few others.

NeilCampbell3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Click the forgot password link when you are trying to log in and then type in the email address you were using. You will then receive an email with a link to the public mobile website to reset the password. Remember to write down the password somewhere safe or save it into your device .

Need Help? Let's chat.